Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why?

Why do I love cold temperatures?

I love cold weather. Since I don't do well in hot temperatures, so why do I live in Houston, and when it is cool to cold my energy level is up and I thrive. The downfall? I layer clothes and wear a coat but when I get inside a store or business, I begin sweating like a pig. Although I have never seen a pig up close much less know if they sweat. The perspiration begins almost every time when checking out. So this normal type person, that would be me, all the sudden begins to sweat profusely. So it doesn't matter if I am paying with cash, it may seem to the cashier that I'm nervous because I am passing counterfeit money, or with a check, cashier probably thinks I'm sweating because the check is hot or if I use a credit card, I'm sweating bullets because I don't think the card is going to go through. Yesterday, I was in the Rack and the built up heat hit right on time while checking out. There was a delay in completing my purchase because the cashier answered the phone and wasn't sure how to page over the loud speaker. I almost said, look I'm going outside to cool off and I'll be back to pay in a minute. Luckily, I didn't have to resort to that.



Why does Roy eat almost the whole bag of ____________, fill in the blank only, to put it up with little bitty crumbs left in it? So when I go to portion out some of ______, fill in the blank, I get a tad aggravated because my taste buds are all set for a snack and there is nothing there. I have told him I don't care if he eats it all, just tell me so I don't think something is there for me to eat. Is this a man thing or what? Roy will also drink almost a whole bottle of Gator Ade and then put it back in the refrigerator with a fourth of an inch left. Why couldn't he finish it?


Why do I save different clothes to wear and then never wear them? I'm not talking fancy clothes for special occasions, I'm talking about everyday sweatshirts, workout pants and t-shirts. Seems I think, oh yes, I will wear this when it is __________. So I have decided to wear things that I love and if they wear out, so be it. Something else will catch my eye along the way.

Why am I crankier now that I feel better than when I was feeling my worst? I've noticed and I know Roy has noticed that with a little more energy has come a little more discontent with little things. Things that don't matter. Maybe it's because I now have more energy to be cranky. Emotions take energy. I really don't know but I intend to change this as the days go by.


Why can't I consistently have a morning quiet time? Why do I buy books and let them sit around a long time before reading them. Why do I hate to unload the dishwasher and put up dishes? Why all the sudden do I have this urge to cook and even try baking?

Why are so many Christians afraid of laughter in church settings? I'm not talking about serious times when laughter might not be the best medicine, but other times when humor, laughter and dare I say joy would open hearts to receive the seriousness of having a relationship with Christ and trusting Him. I don't know the answer to this one at all. Maybe since I lean more toward humor I see it in a different light than others.


Guess my asking why is the 2 year old inner child in me wanting to express herself. So the solution would be going to my room and taking a nap. Now that doesn't sound bad at all.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I do the same thing in my coat in stores. I was so glad to be pushing a stroller again because now I have a place to store the coat instead of walking around with it hanging off my arm!

Anonymous said...

I shutdown in real cold weather. I can't take it. ha! I have less energy and it's depressing. I'm talking about very very cold damp weather. I love the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

First why: MEN'S DISEASE!! They all have it - just depends on the day! The hubs will leave one cookie, the last little drink, the crumbs in the potato bag, etc. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!! (the second why!)

Thanks for the laugh!

lms