Thursday, February 17, 2011

In the Play Neighborhood and a Playful, Maybe Vengeful, Cat

Today I did something that I did before we moved to where we live now.  Before we moved to our condo and when I found myself on this side of town, I would drive around and do a little stop and shop in the neighborhood.  Just kind of wanted to get the feel of it and did it feel right. The Play Neighborhood.  Did that today in what could be our new Play Neighborhood.  In fact I almost didn't take my exit on 99 for CBS and was going to go on a little further down the road like I was going home.  This was not a conscious decision, it just felt right.  Quickly I swerved for the exit and made it just in time to miss the devotion portion of the study.  I can miss devotional time but never an exit.  I always miss music and devotion and arrived just in time for core group.  After Bible study today, I found myself doing that very same thing playing in the neighborhood.  Since organizing for a probable/possible/surely it will happen move, I am trying to get things cleared out and put into modular plastic containers.  Yesterday I brought home four and a few other storage type things.  Ah, I am no professional when it comes to organizational terms.  Well, the four modular plastic storage drawers were filled in no time with t shirts and sweatshirts.  Here of late I like wearing work out togs, but just haven't had the desire to actually work out in them.  Besides the way to my heart besides journals and pens is a t-shirt.  Roy thinks I am high maintenance and maybe that is sometimes true, but when he goes on a trip, I just want a cute t-shirt from wherever he has been.  That is low maintenance any way you look at it.  It was serious clear out yesterday because I'm letting go of some t-shirts that have been in the collection for quite some time.  That's how serious I am about getting into the ready position.  So I went to the Katy Super Target hoping to pick up 4 more modular plastic containers and there were only 2!  Who else is getting organized?  Now I am going to have to make a trip to the dreaded San Felipe Target, it has not been my first choice of a Target in a long time but have heard it has improved since remodeling.  I thought about driving by the lot where we might build again to see what the neighborhood looks like during an early dismissal day, but decided just to head back into Houston. 


Buddy has been a bit feisty of late.  The other night, out of the blue she attacked my forehead.  Now I know side bangs may not be her favorite style for me, but I think the attacked stemmed from the fact that I had been laying on my left side and didn't turn over and change to the right side when she sat next to me and meowed into my ear.  I finally gave in because Buddy has me trained so well, and when I thought she was going to settle down on my arm, like she wants to do, she lashed out with one big old swipe of the paw.  My cry woke up Roy, who I call the enforcer when it comes to disciplining Buddy, he got me a Kleenex and he wanted to put a big honkin' band aid on the cut.  Yes, that will feel great riping off the band aid the next morning and half my eye brow going along with it.  Hmmm...maybe that wasn't such a bad idea at all.  But he didn't act all enforcer like with Buddy and he decided he would rather go back to sleep than chase a cat in the middle of the night with a spray bottle.  Where is the love?

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

still cannot believe you are going to move out to the boondocks. ;)