Friday, February 11, 2011

Worst Post Ever...I Know Too Dramatic

It is a struggle this afternoon to chose joy, to chose God's peace, to chose hope.  We had found a town home that we really liked and had gone back for the second visit.  We were in the midst of double checking storage and those kind of things when our agent came to tell us the bad news.  The town home had gone under contract that very same hour that we were there.  I don't know, it made it harder to digest because we were standing there in the midst of some one's home that we wanted to be our home and now it going to be another's.  I don't know, I just wanted to get out of there and return home.  I'm remembering that Isiah 40, waiting on the Lord is the theme verse of my year, but we are now 8 for 8.  I wish to remind everyone we are supposed to be in a recession and housing plentiful.  Well, I guess it is, the ones that no one likes.  I have started in earnest looking in the Heights area and will probably begin a search in Katy.  Of course any open houses we go to on Sunday will insure the seller of a quick contract.  We are discouraged but it is nothing that can't be overcome.  We will continue the search.  But man, this one really hurt.  I emailed and texted some friends with the news.  Peggy offered to lease us her cabin, but she will probably lease it before she gets home from Ft. Worth.  At least she made me laugh.  I don't cry often but it took everything within me not to burst into tears while standing in the town home that wasn't an option any longer.  In those hours afterwards I looked for consolation but nothing...nothing...nothing...  Roy just helped a little.  He has a hat that he bought at a photo trip he went on with his class.  The sun was hotter than hot and he and another guy in the class bought straw hats to give them some relief.  Only thing, when he came home with his hat, I had to give him the bad news that it was a woman's sun hat.  From time to time I would picture Roy driving Mustang Sally, top down, with that hat on.  Just that thought would crack me up.  He was helping me vacuum and when I looked up, he had put on that silly hat just to make me laugh.  Mission accomplished!


Now I have to go to Nordstrom.  Some dishes I ordered came broken to pieces and they were going to be some Valentine Day gifts to some.  So, we are going to make the trek tonight...while I'm in a subdued mood.  I am really disappointed that they arrived broken to bits.  Unfortunately while Roy was helping me dust, he broke a plate my mom had given me.  Lots of sentimental value in it...  Guess bad things come in threes and we got them all taken care of in one day. 

That's it...worst post ever. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Well stink, stink, triple stink! I hope your weekend ends up being amazing.