Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Toughing Out a Tuesday

I have a new job!  Looking at real estate.  It doesn't pay anything but it consumes most of my waking thoughts these days.  We started out today around 2:00 and I got home a little after 6:00.  We saw 7 properties.  There are at least 3-4 possibilities but one in particular stands out to me.  I think Roy is going to go with Cassandra tomorrow to look at it.  I would talk about it more but it seems that we are the lucky piece that most people need to sell or lease their property.  If we look at it, like it and are considering it, believe me it is under contract likity split; to someone else.  In our short period of time of looking at homes, we have had that happen to us three times.  As much as I am trying not to, I get emotionally involved when we look.  I can't believe I made it through all 7 this afternoon.  Since I didn't get home until after 6:00, I didn't go to Bible study tonight.  There wouldn't have been any parking left and I'm too tired to walk.  Besides it's like 25 degrees or something out there. 

This morning started out right, a massage.  It was great!  Maybe that is what gave me the stamina to make it through this afternoon. I almost had a major embarrassing moment while changing into the comfy spa robe.  The benches are marble or granite, some kind of stone.  You'd think I would know by now after looking at all the kitchens today.  Anyway the comfy robe made seating kind of slick and scary, I nearly skidded into the opening in the middle of two of the benches. That would have been a little awkward.   Maybe it was my Uggs that kept my feet so roasty toasty or my new deeply discounted coat that I thought I wouldn't get to wear until next year.  Who knows?  But I made it!

It was quite exciting yesterday.  I heard from my friend Debbie!  We actually talked on the phone and it was as if no time had ever gone by.  We are trying to figure out a time to meet.  She has remarried and that kind of shocked me.  Don't know why, guess it was more of a good surprise.  We got going in our Martian talk right from the get go. 

All by myself I set up my blue tooth in the car.  That is quite a feat for this technically challenged one.

So that is the happenings that I have energy to write about.  So more later!

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Hoping you find the perfect place soon