Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monday Afternoon Catch Up

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!  Roy skipped BSF, that right there is probably 25 demerits, and we went out to dinner.  Very rarely do we go out on the actual night of Valentine's because of the massive amount of amorous couples that crowd every where and every place.  But we had reservations for the Bistro at Nordstrom Valentine Dinner.  It was delicious and not even crowded.  Heck, the store was practically empty.  It reminded me of what we used to do on Halloween night back in the day.  We would go to FAO Schwartz and play with all the toys.  There weren't any kids around so we could play and play at will.  So Roy and I had a very nice time.  After dinner we stopped in at the men's shoe department and Roy ordered some hiking boots.  That's love, because shoe shopping with Roy is one long tedious experience. 


Sunday morning I subbed for Dena Lee in Sunday School.  I don't think I scared off the class with my lesson.  It was enjoyable to teach again and I am deeply humbled in how God took the words I studied and turned them into a way to minister to women and their spirits.  Sunday after church we had lunch with Peggy and then she showed us around some neighborhoods in Katy.  I'm kind of surprised, but we are actually thinking that a move out that way could be possible.  I went back there today and looked around.  I was able to go through the model home with no one there and take notes of what it would look like if we built that particular model.  We may go back on Friday after Roy's eye doctor appointment. 


Thanks to Linda S and her mention of the game angry birds at un bunko last Monday night, I am now hooked.  I may have to have an intervention I am playing it way too much, but it is so much fun.  I am stuck on a level and guess I am going to look up how to  use the birds Strategically to take care of those pigs. 

Let me state right off the bat, I do not consider myself a senior adult, well only if a discount or close parking is involved, but I have participated in the choir for the senior adult revival.  It has been a lot of fun singing a lot of old songs.  I wouldn't want to get stuck in a time warp and only get to sing these songs, but it has been full of memories.  It is a joy to see some in the congregation so joyful in their worship and expressions.  Others just look like they have given up or are just too beaten down to find some joy.  My desire to is to live out whatever time Jesus has left for me on this earth as a joyful, non cranky, complaining old person. 

2 comments:

The Powell Family said...

Come on out to Katy! You'll love it...promise :).

Jennifer said...

To answer your wuestion from my blog, we go to The Big Time, which is taught by Peter Swann. We love it!