Thursday, February 10, 2011

Overslept and Returning to Normal

This morning was like many mornings, wake up early and decide to sleep for just 10 more minutes. Only the timing of 10 minutes went slightly wrong when that short sleep of 10 minutes became a two hour nap. I awoke at 8:45 am. Not enough time to get ready for Bible study in Katy, especially since it is a hair washing day. Buddy is usually a great alarm clock because she doesn't let me sleep peacefully, but today she never even bothered me because she stayed warm in her blankey at the end of our bed. She hasn't gotten up yet and she usually wants to sit on my lap while I eat breakfast. OK, I just had to go check on her to make sure she's fine. She is. Really, who wants to get out from underneath the warm blankets on such a cold morning?



I'll try and use the time wisely this morning. I am filling in for Dena this week in Sunday School, I mean Adult Bible Study...it's still rock and roll to me...I mean Sunday School. Anyway, she asked if I would teach an expanded version of my peace talk at the women's Christmas banquet in December. So, that's what I'm doing and I have so enjoyed restudying everything because the Lord is speaking to me differently than what I taught before. Maybe because it was Christmas the point of unrealistic expectations had my full attention. This time I am more attune to Jesus, He is our Peace. Of course I haven't found the answer to my question, if Jesus is referred to as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, why is He called the Prince of Peace instead of King of Peace? If anyone has this answer please respond.


Tomorrow afternoon Roy and I are revisiting a town home we looked at previously. I liked it from the moment we saw it, so this visit is really to confirm this with Roy. If he says he doesn't think it is a possibility, that's fine with me. The good news is the town house we looked at and loved but is a little out of our budget will no longer be a temptation because it is under contract. I knew it wouldn't be on the market for very long.


Houston should be getting back to normal today. It is ding dang cold out but with sunshine. No more ice or ice possibilities. When we are languishing in 110 degree heat in August, I will think fondly of these cold winter days.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Looking forward to your teaching Sunday.

Darlene said...

Looking forward to your teaching Sunday.

Anonymous said...

maybe because Prince implies a relational relationship unlike King and Lord...and besides Prince begins with the letter P! p.s....i believe that among God's many mansions he has one marked with the letter M!