Saturday, February 12, 2011

Twenty Three Hours of Healing...

Oh it has been about twenty four hours since hearing the town house news and thankfully the past twenty three hours have been healing.  The hole in my spirit is just about repaired.  I know there is a reason for everything going off the market the moment we are interested and I'm at peace with that.  I think it was the fact that I had to act like a grown up when hearing the news and not throw a fit and maybe just maybe I remembered I am filling in for Dena tomorrow and God's just cementing the freshness of His peace in my heart and spirit, ya know because I'm teaching on peace tomorrow. 

We took back the dishes to Nordy last night and then we dropped into the Bistro to grab a little dinner.  That was a nice treat.  As we were leaving Roy ran into someone he works with from Deloitte.  Great, I had on my Houston Zoo shirt, workout pants, and tennis shoes.  My hair wasn't the greatest either. They were dressed rather nicely, so I was very quick to volunteer the information that our trip out had been a last minute type thing to return damaged dishes.  I'm never prepared to be Mrs. Monarch.  

This morning I got online and saw Nord still had those dishes.  So I did the customer service chat thing to make sure the new ones would be sent from the warehouse, not from a store.  Kelly B was awesome, she ordered for me with instructions to double pack and they are paying for second day shipping because of the issues.  There is one of the reasons I love the Nord.  Their customer service is the best! 

Tomorrow I think we are going to drive around the Heights and look at some Open Houses just to see if there is anything of interest.  And this week Peggy is going to take me around to some of the neighborhoods in Katy to see what's out there.  Moving to Katy might involved some culture shock, but think we would get over it quickly.  Most are concerned that I wouldn't be near the Nord.  West Park toll road... besides, I'm not there as much as people think I am. 

This morning we went to an early breakfast because Roy needed to go to the office before he went to his photography class.  Went to Le Peep for pancakes.  They were good!  Could be a new tradition for Saturday mornings.  Who knows? 

We stay in the getting ready mode.  We need to load up Sequisha with several boxes for Goodwill.  Then I'll begin again...going through stuff. 

No comments: