Sunday, August 14, 2011

900 Post

Certainly something moving (not referring to our recent relocating) or stirring (no, haven't cooked anything yet) or insightful would be appropriate for a 900 post...but I gots nothing.  Roy has gone back to the condo to pick up things left behind and at this point I am almost ready to say...yes, leave them behind.  Although the all important ironing board is on its way to Katy.  While he has been loading and throwing, I have been sorting and storing.  Since I have given over ownership of my beloved desk to Roy, I have no place for my pens, erasers, pencils and paper clips.  So, I'm debating whether to go ahead and order a desk that has caught my fancy online or wait.  After seeing how much I have that has no place to go, desk ordering will probably be happening sometime today. 

We spent a lot of time in Lowe's and Home Depot contemplating 8' ladders yesterday.  There was a sign by the ladders at HD that offered free shipping of any ladder under 24'.  Yet at the check out we were told delivery would be $49.00.  Forget about it...the ladder is cheaper at Lowe's  and we can fit it in Sequisha if we happen to put part of the ladder between us on the ride home.  We had all kinds of other home goods with us purchased from both places yesterday and fitting a ladder in with us would have been difficult for a ride home.  So changing out the filters will have to wait a few more days.  We have the more important task of buying TV's facing us.  Actually, I very rarely make those kind of shopping excursions with Roy.  My gnat like attention span doesn't help in the tedious process of making the correct decision for the TV hopefully living with us successfully for the next few years. 

Loving Dish Network verses Comcast.  Only now I have to learn all new channel settings.  You're probably saying, is that all you have to worry over?  No, but again the attention span to actually learn new settings isn't all that focused.  There are several projects all over the house that has my attention, well at least for a few minutes at a time.  That is why I sit here at the desk, writing a blog post rather than finding a new place for stuff.  Since I haven't found an accent table for the family room and Roy doesn't have any kind of nightstand on his side of the bed, and of course the fore mentioned desk, I don't know what to do with things.  I haven't even tackled the casita bedroom which needs to be cleared up for the daybed delivery on Thursday. 

The ice dropping in the ice machine scares Buddy and me every time.  We both just jumped out of our skin and fur.  Buddy is beginning to be more confident in our new home.  She slept with us last night and she hasn't spent too much time hiding under beds today.  The windows aren't as accesible to her for the all important bird watching, so we are going to have to figure something out for her. 

Last night Peggy and Bill called us on their way back home to see if we wanted to meet them and Jaime for snow cones.  I kind of said no but that was Houston thinking...it is hard to remember we aren't in Kansas anymore.  So we met them and then went onto Home Depot. 

We aren't on any GPS or Google map yet.  So, no one making deliveries can find us and have to call to get directions.  We were missed by our garbage service on Tuesday, but happily they found us on Friday.  No newspaper delivery until today.  Once the new dry cleaners know us by name, we will have really arrived.  It still doesn't feel real living out here. Think we located the closest dry cleaners to us yesterday and next to it is a really fun store full of cute things that I have no room for right now but should have that situation remedied in a few short weeks.  Hey, just supporting the local economy.   They have some of the cutest fall decorations.  Maybe fall decorations will help deliver us from this heat and lack of rain.  In the spirit of being a good neighbor, I have designated any Nordstrom purchases I might have made to the "we are trying to keep this grass alive" fund.   Only in Houston, without any significant rainfall would we be thinking a nice little hurricane might fit the bill. 

 I still have difficulty finding necessary things to get ready in the mornings.  Reality will hit Roy tomorrow as he begins an early morning drive over to the Park and Ride and the ride into downtown Houston.  Roy says he has never looked so forward to going back to work after a vacation in all his life.  Guess me trying to convince him he was at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate didn't work.  I didn't think those freebie shampoos and soap from there were enough. 

1 comment:

becky thurman said...

Is "900 Post" your new address at the new house? I was trying to figure that out. Are you all still going to go to First Baptist or do you have to find a new church? Sounds like you are getting settled in....moving is a big job and I hate it. Glad it is mostly behind you now. Love the juicy details.....fun, fun, fun!!