Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Continues...

Another hot day and I'm so glad to be indoors.  Today has been another full day of workmen in and out of the house.  Right now the A/C man is knocking around in the attic, outside and in the garage.  The casita bedroom is not cooling off quite like it is supposed to.  Earlier this morning the drainage repair guys were here working out in our courtyard.  Cabinet guys, warranty guy, TV installation guy and a couple of others which I cannot remember right now will be here this week.  Meanwhile the boxes are diminishing and things continue to come together.  I am trying to do some actual cleaning today since that has been hit and miss.  Most of our time is spent getting things organized and put away.  Or make that re-organized.  Saturday, we took another big load over to Katy Christian Ministries and I already have two more boxes ready to roll.  On Saturday, I was able to get into the casita bedroom and get some work done in there.  And since the desk came on Friday, I've been able to get things organized in the desk.  A huge accomplishment has been working through boxes that have random, who knows what to do with this stuff, kind of things. 

After church yesterday, we stopped at Lowe's and finally got the 8' ladder we need to change out A/C filters and change light bulbs.  Of course the ladder is safely stored away in the garage.  Filter changing can wait for another day. 

I continue to make gradual steps towards really cooking dinner.  In fact, I was going to fix dinner tonight but since I had to stay home and wait for all these people, I haven't been able to get out to pick up some critical ingredients.  So maybe dinner will be cooked tomorrow.  It's feeling like a go out or take out kind of night. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

What is a casita bedroom? I have no clue. It was really really good to see you on Sunday!