Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just Another Saturday in the Neighborhood

Buddy and I are holed up in Roy's study.  The sa-cur-i-ty guy is here and because Buddy hasn't been here during the week, we are nervous that she'll get skittish and run out the door.  Interesting, the very rooms she hasn't wanted to have anything to do with are now the rooms that she is crying to get into.  Hmm...sounds a bit like me at times.  The study has french doors, so at least she can look out and keep her all too vigilant eyes on everything.  I thought she would sleep like a cat last night but she wouldn't stay still for too long.  I don't think she is a fan of ceiling fans. 

Later today, we will make yet another Lowe's run.  We need to purchase an 8 foot ladder, another garbage container, some kind of hose (not panty hose thankfully) and other various and sundry things. 

On Monday the furniture for the courtyard and the furniture for the back porch will be delivered.  Then Thursday Pottery Barn comes and that should be it for deliveries for a while.  I do have a couple other things to order, but will wait and see how everything looks once we are really settled. 

It is interesting getting used to new noises in the house.  I told Roy in the evenings I feel like I am on vacation somewhere because we were turning on the light in the bathroom so that we, OK who am I kidding, so I could find it in the middle of the night.  We finally found our night light and that has helped.  I'm also getting used to where I have put my make up and stuff like that.  We are at that point in unpacking where we don't quite know what to do with some stuff.  Looks like another trip to Katy Christian Ministries is in the offering.  Other stuff just doesn't have a place.  We cut down our storage pieces when we moved.  Some of this stuff will go into the attic now that we have the extra plywood in for more storage area. 

For those who might be building a house in the future...you cannot ever have too many electrical outlets in the bathroom.  We just have the ones by our sinks.  It would be helpful to have at least another outlet somewhere in the room or closet. 

Roy and I made our first trip to the local HEB Thursday night.  Not too bad.  In fact they have two items that I like that I have only found at the play grocery store and surprise, for a much lower price than the play grocery store.  I still get the HEB-ijittys there but maybe I will soon over come that.  I haven't cooked anything but we did bring home prepared food and had dinner here last night.  At the quick stop I made at Rice yesterday, I picked up some deli ham with rosemary.  It is out of this world good.  I should have bought some rosemary bread to go with it for sandwiches.  Maybe on my next stop there I will do just that.

We have found a bunch of Mexican food places to eat around here, now we are on the lookout for other options. 

No comments: