Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day Back to School...It Really Doesn't Affect Us Though

First day of school so I took this opportunity to run to the grocery store.  I went back to HEB because I liked it better than the Kroger.  Little did I know that HEB could and will fill the deep shoes of the play grocery store.  I found out this morning HEB carries the rosemary ham that I found at Rice several weeks ago.  Score!   This morning I tried to do some real grocery shopping, like stuff more for meals than snacks.  It has been so long since I have cooked any type of thing, my mind is blank.  Roy suggested Sloppy Joe's and meatloaf.  Two things that are very do-able.  I am more of a winter time cook, tortilla soup, roast, chili, and taco soup.  Anyway, I made a dent into buying staples and the like. 

We went with Bill and Peggy to see "I Heard That" in Galveston.  It is a play written by the two guys that have done all the Tuna productions.  The larger guy was very limited in his role(s) so they added three other actors to fill out the show.  It was funny, had good lines, but it wasn't Tuna funny.  We ate dinner at Willie G's beforehand.  Love their gumbo.

I've been working some in the casita bedroom.  It has a long way to go, but bit by bit it will all get done.  When Roy and I were at Home Goods on Saturday, I noticed a couple of round lumbar type pillows that are used on daybeds.  Just the inserts at PB and other places are out of this world but  found a couple for $9.99 that will fit into the pillow covers I bought.  So a return trip to Home Goods to pick them up looks in order.  Not doing too much in the casita bedroom until the TV is installed.  We are just using the little 19" one we have and maybe will get something different when it breaks. 

There are a couple more things on my list for today and then I'm calling it quits for the day.  With so much to do, I haven't really had time to just sit back, relax and read.  Think that is coming sometime very near in the future. 

No comments: