Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rocking Buddy's World

Lots and lots of books


We are not hoarders as might be supposed from these pictures.  In fact I filtered the choices because there are a few pictures that could look possibly hoarder-esk.  I worked diligently yesterday getting odds and ends packed away.  I also came across some things I had gone through early in the process and a lot of that stuff was shredded or put into the Goodwill box.  The old letters from boyfriends met the shredmatic yesterday.  Throughout the years I thought the letters might be interesting to those who had to go through things but after helping with my MIL's stuff and dealing with our own stuff, those "interesting" letters bid farewell.  No one really has time to read through everything and the fact that these boys and I broke up with each other every other week by mail has really been deemed by me as, boring. 


I treated myself to a Le Peep birthday breakfast this morning.  Then I went to the bank for a cashier's check, ran a few errands and picked  up the birthday cake Roy ordered.  Something is not right this birthday.  I am 57 years old, with wrinkles, dry skin and a major pimple breakout.  That is just wrong!  I know the breakout is from all the stress this week, getting closer to closing and seeing everything that needs to be taken care of by tomorrow.  Gee, good thing I don't have prom or something this weekend.  My beauty regime of late has been Perricone MD.  Come on Doc, can't you help a girl out?  I mean a senior citizen out and that is only if there is some kind of discount involved. 


I like the new ATM cards, they have an arrow on them indicating which way the card goes into the machine.  Although, I was good for a few laughs at the bank this morning, because I always choose the wrong door to exit and I also push instead of pull.  The bank close to our new home will have all the fun of watching my bumbling and stumbling.  They are going to miss me at the old bank. 


After a long day of throwing and packing, I treated myself to the Toddler and Tiara/Dance Moms flip a thon last night.  Good grief, everyone of those women act like they are still in jr high...and that goes for both programs.  Yet still, I watch. 


We did our walk through on Tuesday afternoon.  I promise you one of our living room walls looked like a blue mosaic of the last supper.  Roy being a former auditor and still a member in good standing as a Certified Internal Auditor (a little brag on the hubs.  when he took the Certified Internal Auditor exam, his score was one of the top five...not in America, but in the world of the over 2000 that sat for it that year) ...anyway, as a former auditor and being anal retentive man, there was blue tape every where.  Of course this ADD rattled brain had the attention span of a gnat, so I got very distracted and could not stay on task.  Thank goodness for Roy's tenaciousness.  After we finished up all the blue tape business, we headed over to the lake.  Everyone was going out to dinner, so we joined them and had a blast.  Although saying that Las Almedes was slow isn't descriptive enough...I don't know what is slower than slow or bluer than blue.  Afterwards, we wanted to do a nighttime drive by of the house and I am so glad we did.  It was not locked up.  The security monitor keyboard had already been stolen once.  So Roy locked it up and we were on our way home.  


Some of the kitchen junk packed up.  I am really shocked at how many kitchen utensils I actually own.


Yes, that is a basket full of tennis shoes and thank you, yes, there are tennis shoes in the boxes.  When I find a shoe that I like, in my hard to find size, I buy as many of them as I can.  Although in the quest of getting things ready for moving, I think it is safe to say I don't need to buy tennis shoes, flip flops or t-shirts for a very, very long time. 


This will be an extendomatic birthday year...love that.  Today is also Buddy's birthday.  I believe she is six years old today.  Little does she know, that she is going to camp next week or she might call it prison.  Doesn't matter, they both tell you when to eat, when to sleep, when you have free time and they always tell you what to do.  I prefer calling it camp.  But this little Russian Blue cat is going to be upset then happy with her new home.  Russian Blues like consistency, they don't like change.  Buddy, your whole world is getting ready to be rocked!

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

happy birthday, my friend. i am so very glad that i met you.