Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quiet on a Saturday Morning

It's an early morning here on the prairie, but not as early as yesterdays.  We know our security system works so that is good news.  Roy left for the office sometime before 6:00 in the am.  I thought I heard a different beep from opening and closing the door when he left but didn't really think too much of it.  A few minutes later Roy is calling letting me know he thinks he might have accidentally tripped the alarm but not to worry, he caught his mistake in time.  Another 10 minutes later my cell phone rings.  The call was from a number I didn't recognize and almost didn't answer it, but I thought what if it is Bassett or from the workmen that are supposed to show up today.  It was the security company letting me know that the police were on their way.  Roy had pushed the panic button.  I told her everything was fine but she couldn't call off the police until I gave her the "safe" word.  Safe word?  There's a safe word?  Roy didn't tell me a safe word.  So while the security company held, I called Roy.  No answer...  I said is the safe word numbers?  Of course I was missing the obvious, safe WORD.  Finally, Roy answers.  I ask him for the safe word and he doesn't have nary a clue what I am talking about.  Then he remembers and I was able to tell the security company.  She said she would try to cancel the call with the Po Po.  So, I did what any normal person would do, I got up and waited for the Po Po to arrive.  I couldn't find my summer robe so I had to put on my winter one...heavy...yet soft, but I was sweating bullets.  Surely if the Po Po came a knocking at my door, they would suspect something because I was sweating like a big dog.  After 30 minutes I realized their call had been cancelled.  I was free to go on about my day.  My day that started way too early.  Too bad because it was one of Buddy's quieter mornings. 

Roy spent most of his day at the condo waiting on Salvation Army to come pick up furniture.  He got the lady lined up who is going to do the final clean up and he got boxes ready to bring home more stuff left behind.  He actually brought home dishes and frozen food so that's not too bad.  I was dreading the sight of more boxes.  It has been a fairly successful week getting boxes unpacked.  Thursday Pottery Barn delivered furniture.  We will have to wait on doing any final arranging in the casita bedroom until the TV is hung on the wall.  Everything looks nice in there, the day bed and the project table.  The console looks awesome in the living room.  Bassett delivered the second couch for the living room yesterday.  The only thing left, that is for now, is the desk we ordered. 

Last night Emily and Dena came over before going to a party for Raouf at Peggy's.  The party was for everyone who has ever gone on a trip with Raouf and the Hickey's to Israel.  I crashed the party...and only had to take pictures of the group as my "punishment" for not being official.  It was a lot of fun, lots of great food and I got to visit with friends I don't get to see very often. 

After crashing the party, I came home and crashed.  I'd been invited to meet friends for breakfast today but I had to punt.  I feel like a cement truck has rolled over me several times.  It will be nice not having anyone scheduled to deliver or repair today.  In fact no one comes until Tuesday.  That's when the sprinkler installation begins.  Our grass will be praising God for a consistent drink of water. 

Here are a few pictures charting progress

This is the breakfast nook but it is all things meal wise.  We turned the dining room into a library or sitting room.  Those pics are to come.

 Sitting on the couch by the window looking into the kitchen.
 Another view from the kitchen of the breakfast nook.
The living room view from the entry way.



1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

I can't wait to see it in person! My invitation is in the mail, isn't it? Isn't it?? ;)