Thursday, August 25, 2011

An Overcast Day with Some Lingering Rain...I Love It!

It actually rained here last night.  There was a pretty good show going on in the skies over Houston.  Seems like a very long time since I've last seen lightning and the rain.  Well, it was actually kind of interesting driving home from choir in it.  I noticed a text from Roy on my out to the car that we didn't have power.  In fact none of CR had power.  Thankfully, I had thought to put the flashlights in a place where they could be found easily.  Before the lights went out he had been working in the garage putting all the Christmas stuff up in the attic.  I was dreading a hot home but the lights came on before I even got to the Beltway.  We lost power again sometime after 11:00 but it wasn't for very long. 

Without power...the one thought that kept running through my mind, thank you Lord that we put the 9 volt battery into the sprinkler system box.  Believe me, I cannot tell you too much of what the guy said to me about programming the thing, alternating days, overriding the system and our seven zones, but I did hear and remember...get a battery so you don't have to reprogram the thing.  Done and done.  Actually, the wrong one of us received the how to's.  Thankfully, there is a booklet that came with the system and Roy can read it in all his spare time. 

My trips to Pottery Barn seem to bring rain.  I went to PB two days in a row this week, so maybe that helped the rain come.  PB is a strange land.  It is not particularly a joy to shop in their stores, although I like so much of what they offer.  You never know what you can pick up and take to the counter or what has to be called in from the back.  It doesn't seem as if the two stores want to accommodate the customer as much as they want to beat the window treatments off of each other.  At the River Oaks store, I purchased a lamp that had to be delivered to the store resulting in another trip into Houston to pick it up.  They had it in stock at the Town and Country store and at first they were going to make me take the claim ticket back to the RO store for credit.  Finally, the clerk relented on that diatribe and actually called the store and did it over the phone.  Gee...  I ordered my last piece of furniture from them yesterday, a small couch for the bedroom.  Think I will start to look elsewhere for anything we need for the rest of the house. 

Fact- from our home to Town and Country 20 minutes.  From Walgreen's on Chimney Rock to First Baptist-35 minutes.  Time mapping is not my best thing but I thought I'd given myself plenty of time to do the PB thing, eat dinner and pick up medicine from Walgreen's and still be at church in time to take in a little bit of Dena's series, God's Story for Your Life.  Seems, I was sadly mistaken by not taking in account a police action, 5 o'clock traffic and the like.  Came in a little late but was blessed by what I heard.  Of course I couldn't stay for the whole thing because of choir.  So here's a little plug, if you are wondering what your purpose is, God's story for your life is an awesome study.  Dena is one of the best teachers and I'm not saying that because we are good friends.  6:00 pm in room 252 on Wednesdays at HFBC.

There is still much to be done around here but at a stand still until the desk is delivered and my DIY project is finished.  Think that it needs one more coat of white gloss and it should be done.  Until then...there is always more to put up and maybe clean...  Still have my record going of not using my oven or cook top.  Although I now know how to set the clocks on the oven and microwave. 

No comments: