Monday, January 2, 2012

A Beautiful Day in Five Ranch

Tomorrow we get back to our regularly scheduled lives.  It has been fun having Roy around here for almost two weeks.  We have tackled, maybe that should be he has tackled quite a few projects and he has worked really hard on his website.  We've stayed up late, watched lots of old movies, cheered football teams to victory and have eaten lunch out just about every day.  Lots of in depth discussions and a lot of silly talk...well as silly talk as Roy is going to get.  It has been fun, but I think he is ready to get back to the office and I am ready to have my mornings back.  As I have stated before I am not too much of a morning person and well Roy is the eternal optimist the moment his eyes open and his feet hit the floor. 

Today we got all the new Christmas stuff up in the attic, fed the roses and got the sprinkler system back on a regular schedule.  Last week David Weekley sent out guys to work on some drainage issues we were having in our side yard and to fill a small sink hole in the back yard.  Roy called the HOA to tell them they have water issues in the green space that is next to us.  They will be out tomorrow inspecting their sprinkler system and the grading or lack of grading. 

We did a farewell to week day lunches at Midway Bar B Que today.  Roy loves their food.  I get the stuffed baked potato and it is quite tasty.  Afterwards, we got Roy's camera and headed over to Spring Lake to take pictures.  It was a tad cold once the wind began to blow and if you found yourselves in the shade.  I did a little walking while Roy took pics.  I didn't want to get too far and then find myself not having the energy to get back.  It was a beautiful day.








No comments: