Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm Addicted to Whole Foods

I went to a dangerous place today and I really didn't have any plans to do so.  After leadership meeting I wandered over toward Whole Foods in Rancho de Five.  I hadn't really 'shopped' the one time I stopped in just to take a look around.  I was in trouble when I reached for the smallest grocery cart.  This is all how it began when we lived near Central Market.  So, I meandered toward the take home meals area.  I found several delicious entrees for dinner this week.  I also found some chicken salad for lunches.  You see, I kind of feel guilty about letting down the play grocery store when we moved from the loop to the ranch.  Without my weekly purchases of dinners they have closed all their stores except for one.  My sister in law told me to go there and find this holistic medicine stuff for bruises.  And then I found myself sauntering through the fruit section and something more wonderful than words grabbed my attention.  I know this is going to make me sound like such a dilettante but they sell peeled orange slices....like more than just one orange.  Hallelujah!  Really, I purchased them in the total interest of safety since I am still on blood thinners and most accidents in the home happen in the kitchen.  I was only doing it for the good of being safe.  In comparison last night, after we went out to eat, we ran by Kroger.  I am not to lift anything over 5 pounds and so Roy needed to go with me to push the cart and lift the heavy stuff.  Our grocery cart at Kroger's looked like we both were in college.  We spent $80.00 on nothing substantial in any way for meal preparation.  I found the cutest little paper sheep and then we are on a pop chip diet so of course we had to get a few more bags.  Then there was the usual, bananas, half and half, bread, Diet Cokes and then we found these really cool crackers and vitamins were BOGO.  We stood in line waiting our turn to check out.  Next to us was a mom with two daughters and the youngest daughter kept bringing stuff she wanted to the check out line only to be told by the mom to take it back.  It was mainly stuff from the seasonal Easter aisle.  Funny, I was kind of doing the same thing only to be told by Roy we don't need another stuffed sheep for Buddy, take it back.  Roy looked over at the mom in the other line and said, I feel your pain.  But back to Whole Foods.  I found all kinds of great stuff and I'm thrilled that I got out of the store under $100.00. 

Roy had already made the observation at dinner that if this had been the same time last week, we would probably be home eating take out and there would be no way I would have had the energy to go over to the Kroger.  Really, two morning appointments, a quick stop at Tanglewood Pharmacy, Walgreen's and Barnes and Noble and then go out to dinner and grocery shop?  There ain't no way I could have done it.  Roy happily said to me, "you're back!"  Later on in the car when I didn't stop chattering away kind of like on Duck Dynasty when Phil and Miss Kay go someplace and she never stops talking?  Well that has been me since Sunday night.  Later last night I heard Roy say the same thing, "you're back" but not with as much enthusiasm. 

Feeling better, my ADD kicks in big time.  BIG TIME!!  I have no attention span but maybe that will wear off in the next few weeks.  I had a hard time sitting still in leadership this morning and even more so in core group leader time.  I realized several times as we discussed the homework that I had totally gone off in my own train of thought and had missed several answers...which I needed because I hadn't answered those particular questions when doing my homework Sunday. 

At this point is when Peggy came over and even after she left I didn't get back to finish this post.  That's probably a good thing because I would have gone on and gone about Whole Foods.  I was able to make her a chicken salad sandwich along with Pop Chips and peppermint white chocolate M&M's.  A delicious lunch for sure.  I had made the same lunch earlier but didn't do the M&M's. 

This morning I am up early because the shutter guys will be here to measure the windows.  I'm excited to get this started.

I just looked at my wrist of many colors, IV bruises and I'm bleeding.  I better go and get this stopped.  Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments: