Saturday, March 30, 2013

Shutters on Saturday

We've got shutters!  The installation man was here a little before 9:00 and had everything done around 10:30.  Roy's study as well as the casita bedroom got plantation shutters along with the reading room.  .  I still liked the dark blinds in the study but it wouldn't have matched the reading room formally known to others as a dinning room which all the windows can be seen from the courtyard.  Then the little casita windows face the front of the house so that looks really, really nice. 

This is two early beginnings of the day in a row.  I am prone to ease into the day.  Yesterday, Chris came to clean the house.  Peggy needed to trade my regular Wednesday for her Friday.  Not a prob but Chris comes around 7:15 am.  So we were up and almost ready to roll when she arrived.  We mailed some stuff which included return to sender mail that has the names of almost everyone of Roy's family members on it.  If it was important we would send it on but I don't think any of my s-i-l are worried that this might be their last catalog if said company doesn't hear from them.  Then we breakfasted at Black Walnut and checked out Sprouts afterwards.  Sprouts is awesome!  We got some really good deals.  The produce is so fresh and the take home meals, you know I was going to investigate that, look really good and are more reasonably priced than Whole Foods.  Roy tasted a sample of their meatloaf and he loved it.  Roy doesn't like or love meatloaf, usually.  They didn't have peeled oranges but I can make that special trip to Whole Foods to get that.  We came home and put up the cold stuff and headed out the door since Chris is still working.  I went to the land of sugar to get a haircut and highlights.  Roy went to the land of home improvement to buy a flat of snap dragons, sold out, water softening rock salt and augers for our trees out front.  We both got home around the same time, we were both ready for a late lunch, so we went to Spring Creek.  There is a Houston Garden and Patio near by Spring Creek so we stopped and got some snap dragons.  This was a much better HG&;P than the one on 99.

I had my first difficult day since my surgery yesterday.  I could feel my heart trying to slosh and the beat was out of whack.  Today, I feel great.  They told me I might have episodes like this but I have been very fortunate not to have anything like yesterday. 

Just got in from my first attempt at working in the backyard flowerbeds this spring.  I planted the 24 flat of snap dragons and when Roy came outside he helped me rearrange the patio furniture.  He has gone on to ride as I opted out.  Funny thing that has happened since moving to Rancho De Five, if I spend time working in the house or yard, afterwards I just want to sit here and take it in.  I've been itching to rearrange the red gate over the mantel and put it in my reading room.  Then I took the new picture I got at Home Goods last week and put it over the mantel.  Monday all the Easter decorations will get put away and then I'll bring out the smattering of spring stuff.  If you know me can you even believe I am writing this kind of stuff?  I need to go out to the casita bedroom tonight and get everything back on my project desk. 

I cannot get the song Footloose out of my head and I am blaming my church.  Every time I see the Easter promo in the paper with the young guy that looks like he is either throwing dice and thinking, baby needs new shoes or he looks like he is dancing to Footloose, that song becomes an ear worm.  Everyone else advertising in the paper has three crosses or an empty tomb or even worse than the Footloose guy, a big ol' picture of the pastor.  Oh yes, that will convince me to come.  I remember a study I read about when I was on staff at church that if the first thing you saw was the ministry person on the website or in emails, that totally disenfranchised the 30 and younger group.  So glad our church does not do that. 

Roy and I went into Houston to get Memorial Bakery cookies for tomorrow.   Even though we had barbecue yesterday, we ate at Good Company.  I do wish Good Company would come on out here.  Love that sauce!  We stopped and got some what a deal knockout roses at the Kroger and then Roy went to Good Ol Boys to pick up a lemon tart and a key lime pie.  Yes for Easter we are only eating dessert items.  Nah, we are joining in with Peg's crew for lunch. 

When Roy gets back from his ride we are going to grill our blue cheese hamburgers for dinner that we bought at Sprouts yesterday.  Then I am going to get back to reading The Land Between.  It is a great book. 

Happy Easter!  He is Risen!  He is Risen Indeed!!!

No comments: