Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Break Monday

Spring Break!!!!  I don't know why I just did that because spring break doesn't even affect me in the least.  OK, I have vowed not to go to Target or Katy Mills Mall this week because of the plethora of jr highschoolers at the Mall and moms and the 50 children in tow at Target.  We have a week off from Bible study so I have a few days wide open with nothing planned and I love that feeling.  Today I will make the 99 journey to get my haircut but I think those days are fast coming to an end because Emmanuel will have a Katy location soon. 

We had one of those weekends where we come into Monday feeling productive because we did all the 'things to be done on a time change weekend.'  There were a couple of light bulbs that needed to be changed out, changed the batteries in the smoke detectors, changed the filters and put bleach in the HVAC thing in the attic.  And we did all these things with one hour less sleep.

Saturday afternoon I met friends for lunch at BWC.  Great fun and great salads.  It was a good thing that I had my phone on the table because Roy called.  He doesn't call when I am out and about with friends too often unless he really needs to get in touch with me.  He needed Sequisha to take his trek to the shop for an adjustment.  The chain was frozen and wouldn't move and the bike shop was open till 6:00.  So I broke up the party and headed home.  I decided to go along with Roy.  He has been talking about one of these trek things that folds up and to ensure he has my interest he keeps saying we could take it with us to the Biltmore.  So while the trek was adjusted I looked at the fold up treks and kind of came to the conclusion that these fold ups are a lot more expensive and the extra cost wouldn't be worth it.  We both came to the same conclusion that when we buy another one of these and I can see that in the very near future, it will be the same model as we bought before. 

Roy hasn't had a break in his schedule for the past twelve days.  Lots of early mornings, responsibilities, and late nights and I'm not even including everything he had to do for me last weekend after surgery.  We made an executive decision to stay home one more Sunday from church and to show just how serious I was that Roy needed to catch up on some rest, we didn't go out to eat for breakfast.  I think this is the most Sundays I have missed in a row since the 80's.  Truthfully, it would be so easy to miss some more Sundays but we know that is a mindset we can't even entertain. 

Roy missed last week's The Bible on the History Channel.  He started watching it last night.  Oddly, The Bible was sounding oddly like Duck Dynasty.  Roy was having problems with some of the portrayals of the stories from the Bible, so he lost interest quickly.  I'm highly involved in the book The Vatican Diaries, so TV wasn't holding my interest last night. 

I'm home from the land of sugar.  I stopped by Academy on the way home.  Roy is needing shorts and we threw away all our bike water bottles when we moved so I picked up a couple of those.  Academy is another happening spring break place.  I want to go ride but the wind is something fierce.  I guess if I stayed east and west it wouldn't be too bad. 

Either a book or a bike is calling my name so I'm outta here, I know this is lame. 



1 comment: