Monday, March 25, 2013

That's Some Wild and Crazy Bozo Hair

Who knew that this would be one of my favorite things about moving out to Rancho de Five and that is watching the sunrise.  The sky turning from darkness to all pink hued and then to full on light.  It is beautiful and it never fails to astound.  The birds are gathering for the morning feeding and it will only be a matter of minutes before the mockingbird shows up and scatters the grouping, even if just for a few minutes.  The morning seems to be calmer than yesterday when gale force winds howled and bent the trees.  The birds struggled to hang on the feeder and I wouldn't have been surprised if anyone of them became car sick.  It was also a lucky day for a few of the doves and what I am trying to say without saying it is, we should be seeing some little baby doves soon.  That is if they survive.  Doves are not the smartest nest builders around. 

I am still meditating on what I heard and learned this past weekend at the leadership development training.  For sure this statement will stick with me and there was an audible..ouch..from the participants when we heard this.  When God began His walk with the Israelites it was about relationship.  When the Gospel made it to Greece, it became more of an idea.  When the Gospel came to America, it became an enterprise.  Ouch again!  I was just reviewing my notes from The Land Between.  I think this book is tying in nicely with my word for the year, proceed.  This heart season has truly been a land between and I'm thankful to be moving toward the land of promise.  Something that I want to stick with me from that time is, don't get so busy you miss the uniqueness in everyday life and not being busy just for the sake of being busy.  There is a lot to be said for experiencing stillness. 

So I thought I had a hair appointment today and I'm so glad I called to see if I had messed up and yes I had.  My appointment is later this week.  So what does one do when they are up and dressed and ready to head out the door?  They head out the door but it didn't dawn on me until I saw my reflection in Target's windows that I hadn't done one thing to my hair...since I thought it was salon day.  I kind of was wearing the Bozo the clown look...flat hair on the top of my head and the sides sticking straight out like I had put my finger in an electrical socket.  One little girl that looked to be about 4 stared at me with a frightened look.  She is probably afraid of clowns and here coming down the aisle is her worst nightmare.  When checking out the lady mentioned how many stuffed Easter eggs I had and so as any AARP card toting fifty something would do.  I told her why I had that many eggs.  The neighbors in our neighborhood are organizing an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday morning and bring a dozen stuffed Easter eggs for each child to the neighbor that is collecting them.  Since we don't have kiddos we decided to buy eggs already stuffed because most people get nervous when childless people donate stuff to children's activities unless it is money.  Instead of stuffing those eggs ourselves I'm giving like a 100 eggs that have already been stuffed.  So the I told the checker this story and added because we are not weird or strange people.  Then she looked at my hair and kind of had a nervous laugh.  I felt like I hadn't scared enough children so after Target I went to Home Goods and Kroger's.  No wonder two minivans ran stop signs today with me being the benefactor of  potential minivan damage except I had a few smart out-maneuvering moves.  Looking back it was probably my lack of hair product that caused these women to speed through well marked stop signs.  I was starting to get a little paranoid about minivans and they were out in force this morning.  So note to self, never go shopping right after moms have dropped off kids at school because those women go crazy with freedom.  In all fairness I must also report that a Lexus SUV nearly ran me over in the Kroger parking lot and I saw a BMW run a stop sign.  I should have ran around yelling like Gomer Pyle on the Andy Griffith show, 'citizens arrest, citizens arrest.  Only I would have been carted to the security area because of my wild and crazy Bozo hair. 

The birds need some water in the bird bath.  I usually go out and clean it before adding water but it is too dang cold to stand out there any amount of time and especially mess with water.  I think we have maybe one more night in this season to use the fireplace.  I need to finish my Hebrews homework and those sly dogs at CBS with their review questions have us reading the whole book of Hebrews one more time.  I'm rethinking my plan of dropping off the Easter eggs at the neighbors until tomorrow cause by then I will have at least tamed the Bozo do into something that looks like this will do. 

No comments: