Thursday, March 7, 2013

So Thankful

I was happy when they said unto me let us go into the house of the Lord where CBS is held.  It was so good to be back with the core group this morning.  And the icing on the cake was Peggy's return after being out for a while recovering from her knee surgery.  We even finished early but some of us were still a bit tardy heading into the teaching time.  I ate lunch afterwards with friends.  A little before 3:00 Amanda and Jack came over to bring us dinner for tonight.  Amanda is the daughter of Teresa and you might read her blog but if you haven't here is the link to get to her blog.  After several years of just knowing each other in the blogosphere it was such a treat to meet Teresa on Sunday night and then to meet Amanda today.  They both have such lovely Shreveport southern accents.  I could listen to them talk all day.  Sometimes Roy will fall back into his Shreveport accent but not too often.  I just talked to Roy and told him what Amanda had made and I believe he is catching the first bus he can to get on home. 

With the exception of yesterday's aggravation of my stitches, recovery continues to go well.  I'm happy I got the bird feeder and bird bath filled and ready for bird type visitors.  The mockingbirds have rediscovered the oasis and several of the doves that come and sit on the fence in the mornings are eyeing the birdseed but not yet fully trusting it is there. 

This Saturday is Roy's turn to cook breakfast for the men's Bible study he attends.  He isn't doing pancakes but is doing a few creative breakfast type dishes.  I am happy for spring break next week although I guess every week is spring break in our lives.  Maybe the exception being no Bible study next week...corporately...not personally.  I will be reading my Bible. 

Well, I better go preheat the oven.  Again and again I see God's compassion enter into my life and I am so thankful!  Tomorrow will be a week since surgery and tomorrow I am cleared to go trekking again.  Maybe I will do just a couple of laps around the cul de sac to see if I'm really ready to ride solo again. 

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

We never even notice an accent...a very southern DRAWL.....so glad you got meet Mr Jack and My Amanda......she was so happy to do that....She said you were feeling good....I am so glad ....Maybe a little early on the bike....I took a fall on Amandas bike last week in their yard...and Parker was laughing so hard he had to snap a picture....We had fun riding in the neighborhood...