Friday, April 5, 2013

Cool Feet Puke

I have seen the movie Cool Hand Luke many times but until last night I had never seen the end.  Guess it has been a movie that seems to be a late night offering and lo and behold I've not ever been able to stay awake to see the end, that is until last night.  It seemed to be a good choice of movie on a windy and rainy night.  And maybe it just kind of fit my mood because you're pulling for Paul Newman to keep the fight and spirit against what seems to be unjust punishment for such a small crime of defacing municipal property.  Truthfully, you root for Paul Newman because he is just so dang good looking. 

Yesterday afternoon I started a blog post that I knew by the second sentence I would never post.  It did seem cathartic to write out some of the frustrations.  There doesn't seem to be one arena in my life that seems a bit skewed and out of balance.  Nothing seems settled.  I'm wrestling through several decisions, there has been the unexpected and I think I've been overdoing it just a bit.  This is my opening paragraph from yesterday:

I'm still thinking on the unexpected. There is a huge part of me that wants to dig a hole and come out when I see my shadow and go right back into the hole whether I see my shadow or not. I'm trying to keep my spirit lifted by reading all the times in the Bible where it says don't grow weary in doing good. I'm feeling rather close to weary these days. It's all around me and usually I have something going on in life that I can fix on while the parts of my life that are hard or difficult or the times of waiting or times that need a bit of adjustment are running their course. Everything within me wants to throw my hands up to give up, not surrender, but give into weary some and tiresome. Of course I know better and how timely is our study in Philippians but I'm just saying...

Honestly, I am feeling much better about life than I was about this time yesterday.  I'm not singing In the Bleak Mid Springtime or anything like that.  But the line 'snow on snow' could be changed to pollen on pollen.  In the bleak mid springtime, it's time to blow my nose. 

No comments: