Saturday, April 27, 2013

Prairie Land Thoughts

If it's Thursday, it must be Bible study time.  We are in the homestretch and we will finish up our study of Philippians.  For about the last month Jennifer, Peggy, Raynell and Karen have been thinking through the song Bend Me, Shape Me, rewriting words and choreographing our stellar 1970's moves for the last devotion time of the year.  It was the perfect segway in our study that there is no difference between secular and sacred for the Christian...it's all sacred.  So we took a song, made it about the Lord and danced like David.  Hey, if it was a different time and era, we would have a hit Christian rock group going.  Now I know this is going to shock some but we decided to let our friends from a sister denomination that has dances do all the dance moves and get ready, Peggy and I sang.  No really...and Peggy sang harmony. 

So after planning, downloading the song and one rehearsal, hey we are keeping it real, I almost didn't make it to the church on time.  I hadn't a clue that the electricity was off until I heard all this beeping.  You know the noise that all appliances make now when the power is restored.  It came on just in time for me to leave to arrive a little early at the church.  I have neglected to also tell you how I waited until this morning to see what was going to work costume and clothes wise.  I hate when I do that.  Anyway as I am getting ready to pull out onto Rancho De Five Blvd, coming from the west, sheriff officers on motorcycles and they were making the way for some huge, double wide road construction equipment.  As we poked along I waited to see which way the equipment was going and I would make the necessary adjustments.  My option was to go the way by Peggy's house, where there is mass construction, loads of graters, dump trucks and cement trucks.  But it wasn't these massive construction vehicles....no it was, you guessed it, the ol' arch nemesis, a mini van that made traffic almost come to a halt. 

***So now it is Saturday morning.  I'm easing to the day.  Roy is at Bible study and when he gets home we will begin our game of moving tables and chests because the Bedford chest from C&B, that's not Cracker Barrel, is being delivered today.  So this last little flurry of decorating will culminate with the delivery of a new chair and hardwoods installed in our bedroom and closet.  Then comes summer and I intend to get a lot of reading in.  Seems like when it comes to finishing up what we want to do with the house comes in fits.  I can let things go for the longest time and boom it isn't anytime at all before we are knee deep in projects. 

Yesterday was probably my last trip to the land of sugar for hair cuts and highlights.  Emmanuel is opening a salon in La Centerra in a few days.  So it will be down the street from us, granted a bit of a journey down the street but none the less, here in Rancho De Five.  Then I made my way to Dr. Yankelove's office by the way of Macy's, to meet Roy and help him pick out new glasses.  With that done, I then headed home to wait for Roy.  He had a hair appointment in the land of sugar.  Since neither one of us had eaten lunch we decided to go to Mooyah's for a hamburger.  Bad decision on the timing because every junior high student from CR Jr High was in that place.  Normally we would have sat outside but with 50 mph winds blowing it didn't seem like a good option.  We went to Target for supplies requested by the housekeeper and then went to Office Max to get a new shredder.  Our old shredder is on its last shred.  Yes, we are exciting like that.  Roy finally got to see the immense dangers of the Target parking lot.  We hit it at a time that I try to stay away from, after school.  In the mornings I believe the lot is dangerous because the mom's are driving like their chains are gone and in the afternoon they are driven by the noise of pent up energy children...in the mini van.  Once again, a mini van ran a stop sign and I nearly became the hood ornament right there in front of Target.  Hmm..maybe there is a double meaning for me in the land of Target. 

We heard some exciting news from our friends Emily and David last night.  A luncheon with tennis friends was finalized last night.  I am so excited to see friends that I haven't seen in such a long time.  Thankful for Cris and Beth organizing everything.  I can't wait to see Cris's place.  She and her husband live in a high rise between the Galleria and River Oaks.  The view inside will be beautiful and so will the view from the windows. 

If I don't want to greet delivery men in my jammies, I better get moving. 

1 comment:

Bev Ann said...

Where are pictures from Thursday? I was in such shock I didn't even think to pull out my camera for pix or videos - FB and You Tube could have been full, but sadly not! :(