Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Good News on an Overcast Day

Today has been an excellent day to get a good report and the upcoming plans for returning to a normal life...yes, I know normal is relative.  I am referring to this four and a half year journey in heart disease that began September 11, 2008.  On March 1 of this year I had an ablation procedure and the difference in me came just a little bit after surgery.  So these past six weeks I've been recording and observing my recovery.  Today, I had an appointment at the Cardiologist.  He had an emergency procedure this morning so they bumped me back an hour and told me to be prepared to reschedule if anything delayed him.  When I arrived today, that had to have been the least amount of people I have ever seen in the waiting room.  It is usually a full house. 

After the blood pressure thing and EKG I waited for the Dr.  I could hear the nurse talking to a man in the next room about having a heart ablation done.  The man wasn't too sure about the procedure.  I wanted to yell through the wall, DO IT!!!!!

The Dr and the staff could not get over how different I look post-surgery and my EKG was good, blood pressure low and pulse 55.  He hasn't seen the echo they did before leaving the hospital but beginning tomorrow I begin taking half a dosage of a med that eats my lunch.  Then in a couple of weeks I will go to every other day and then they'll send me a monitor to chart my heart for whatever period of time.  Then I'll go back and see him...if it is all good, then they will take me off Pradaxa, a blood thinner and maybe even the beta blocker.  PTL!!!  God is so good!!!  He also gave me permission to up my exercise.  Uh yea, Praise the Lord...  Just kidding!!!  More mileage on my Trek.

I could not wait to call Roy and give him the news.  Then I called Peggy.  But before I did either one of those things, I thanked God wholeheartedly and gratefully.