Monday, April 22, 2013

Please Take the Time to Thank an Admin

There is really so many other things that I should be doing right now.  I am in the midst of three projects and of course not one of them has come to completion.  Why?  Squirrel!  If I leave the room I am working in chances are awfully good, thank you Johnny Mathis, that it will be quite some time before returning and thus some type of wrap up.  I totally did one project I hadn't a clue that needed to be done and as it would seem, it really is rather low on the priority list. 

This week is Administrative Professionals Week.  It's a week that will include some kind of recognition and maybe a free lunch.  I really hope that in the years since having to quit my job as a Ministries Associate due to health issues, that the salary of an Admin in churches has been corrected and they are actually making more money than the poverty level.   I especially hope this is the case especially with a budget emphasis and increase in reaching out to our Jerusalem, Samaria and the ends of the earth.  Jerusalem would include a cost of living adjustment or salary increase that is competitive with secular businesses for Admins in the church world.  I haven't a clue if this has happened but I sure am praying that it has.  I found it humorous that the company that the hubs works for has an earlier dismissal for those days before the holidays than at the church I worked at.  Most of those holidays, Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving have a spiritual connection and their dismissal was around 12:30 but the remaining few at church that are actually in the office those days before holidays got to leave thirty minutes early.  Hopefully that has changed as well. 

This is a blog post I wrote back in 2009.  Thank an Admin for their hard work that many times is overlooked.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

"Chances are...cause I wear a silly grin..." Dang it. Now it's in my head.