Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting Ready for Guests

We've had a bit of rain and overcast skies already this morning.  Yesterday, there was a fine misty fog that settled over the water feature.  I love those mornings whose beginnings are bright and full of light.  Let's face it, I seem to like mornings out here in Rancho De Five.  The mornings bring the doves and mockingbirds to the feeder.  There are two young mockingbirds just now getting their bearing and wings.  The mother bird is still feeding them somewhat but each and everyday you can see more Independence happening in their little lives.  I found a dove in the backyard yesterday, deceased.  I should have called Peggy but since she is subbing and I didn't know exactly how long the dove had been there, we gave it a proper service and dismissed it into eternity by wrapping it up and placing it in the garbage can.  No, the dove didn't get the same kind of service that we gave the snake, killed and then thrown over the fence onto the green space for hawks.  It seemed ironic that as I read a book:  The Gospel of Ruth, Loving God Enough to Break the Rules by Carolyn Custis James and reading about Naomi, that I noticed a dove standing there looking at what in all probability was its mate.  Yes, I discovered the bird but left that manly job of disposal for Roy when he got home.  I love reading the book of Ruth and books about the book of Ruth, but I think so far this is by far the most intriguing book I've read about the book of Ruth.  Let's see can I get book of Ruth in a sentence one more time?  Yes, mission accomplished.

I should be getting things ready for our CBU guests that are staying with us tonight.  I'm bringing home three boys.  Most everything is done but just have a few things to take care of.  At first I thought girls would be fun but then practicality hit me, boys are much easier to please food wise.  I'm not planning on doing this, but we could probably plunk down donuts in the morning and they would be gone in a heartbeat.  I am kind of nervous because you know I am not the most domestic thing on the planet, but I am looking forward to doing this.   Last night Roy and I pulled out the trundle bed and then had a dickens of a time getting it to set up properly.  Note to self, only keep 2 students next year. 




 

No comments: