Friday, May 17, 2013

Haircuts and Drama

Today really felt like total onset of summer.  A combination of high temps and high humidity and we welcome this state of weather at least until October or maybe beyond.  The heat has never been my friend and I can feel the energy being squeezed right out of me. 

The day began very, very early like 4:30 am.  I've been on the go since then and haven't even taken a little cat nap.  Maybe there is an early bed time in store tonight.  At 10:00 was my hair appointment at the new Emmanuel salon, second location, in Rancho De Five.  It was really nice not having to leave so early and because the appointment was early enough all the parking hadn't been taken at La Centerra.  The salon looks really great!  Very trendy and very cool.  If you live out here in Rancho and you're looking for a stylist, give them a call because Emmanuel, means God with us, so you can never have a bad do.  I go to Stevie and she is only there on Fridays but all the other stylists are good.  I also have to say, they serve the best orange ice tea ever.  After highlights and a haircut, I headed back over to Sprouts.  Picked up some dinner items and cherries are on sale for a fabulous price.  Brought all that home and got things put away to only then leave once again for the Kroger.  Exciting times for sure.

I don't really need exciting times because I have lots and lots of drama happening right outside our windows.  The flowerbed closest to the house, snapdragons and roses, has a bird feeder and bird bath in it.  If a week ever gets slow on news I can go sit in the library or reading room, whatever we call it, and watch life drama unfold between the doves, the mockingbirds and those big crows.  So I am totally going to go on like my mom now, so you've been warned.  The interesting happenings with the mockingbirds is the preparation to see the two younguns fly the coup and build their own mockingbird lives.  At the first of the week those two little birdlings sat on the fence and mom and dad would go to the feeder to the fence to take care of the children.  Those little birds I guess trying to conserve energy, just left their mouths open the whole time.  By about Wednesday, the mom was still feeding them, but not as much.  Yesterday the separation began.  Those birdies chirped and opened their mouths to every bird that came near.  Momma bird was near by and would clear the fence of resting birds if she thought any of them would harm her kiddos.  Today, one of the little ones began to explore and seek out seed on its own but the other bird stayed on the fence.  Once in a while the mother bird would go eat at the feeder and land by her kiddo on the fence, but she didn't feed it.  At one point it was as if the little one was throwing a temper tantrum.  It never relented in loud chirping and the mother just looked up ignoring the tantrum.  The little bird kept getting closer and closer and jumping up and down in front of the mother...nothing.  I just saw that the birds have retired to our back patio but I have a feeling this might be the last night for their mom to stick around.  She has done her job.  It is hard to watch all this happen and of course I want to intervene somehow, but I stay mesmerized at the daily drama at the bird feeder and bath.  I haven't even told y'all the latest on the doves and those pesky crows. 

We loved the three guys that stayed with us on Wednesday night from California Baptist University.  They were a lot of fun.  I even cooked breakfast for them.  On the way home I decided to drive by Dena's lot and see if anything was happening.  Boom!  The frame work was almost completed.  I took a couple of pictures and emailed them to her.  She came out last night, picked me up and we went over to her house.  I couldn't believe how much they had done since taking the pictures a little after 9:00.  I did a video but it didn't turn out so we will have to do a re shoot.  We  went to the new Fusion/Chinese/Japanese/Sushi place for dinner.  It was delicious!  I had eaten there before at lunch but dinner was delicious.  I brought home the leftovers for Roy since he had a haircut appointment at 7:00 pm. 

So, this is where I came in...haircut and this is where I will close, Roy's haircut. 

No comments: