Saturday, May 18, 2013

What I Did With my Saturday

It is a beautiful morning.  Inside our home we have laundry whittled down and the dishes being washed.  I have tons of things to do around the house, so I have decided to punt the farmer's market and Katy Market Days this morning.  After I get the ton of stuff done I plan to read.  Right now my always growing book pile has some great reads in it.  Lots of non-fiction and of course the ever present Southern fiction that fills every bookcase in our home.  I can't even imagine not to be confused with I Can Only Imagine, how many books there would be if I hadn't sold or given away boxes and boxes of books before we moved.  Also contrast my Nook and Roy's Kindle that are both filled with books.  I guess you can tell that I am really thinking more about books than the work that needs to be done.  Work before reading...well, at least this morning.  Dang, I just looked through my new issues of Garden and Gun and the Oxford American...I ordered books.  What about work?  Well this was in one of my many needed break times or for a lack of a better term, no attention span.

Now it is afternoon and I am pleased with the progress.  Last week lamps were delivered and one box didn't look like the contents has fared very well.  I was happily surprised that everything was there but the little knob thingy on the top of the lamp was missing.  I dug through the box and found it.  I almost put those boxes out for trash pick up yesterday.  Whew...  The new lamps look great in our bedroom.  I have a tendency that if I like something or a color I go overboard.  Our bedroom is rocking turquoise accent pieces and I so wanted to go that way with lamps but I went with a lighter color, rubbed antique white and the lamps look fabulous!  The casita bedroom is back in shape except while the guys installing hardwoods in our bedroom are here, Roy plans to camp out casita style.  So, I put the sheets and blanket back on the bed, but not the decorative pillows, daybed cover and such.  Roy suggested that I go out of town while the work is happening and I gladly obliged.  Buddy is going to camp for several nights.  You guessed it, that does not make her a happy camper. 

Now I am really pleased with the progress.  After almost a year I finally hung two tin decorative squares in our bedroom.  I'll be glad to get rid of the big box one of them has been in.  Since Roy isn't here this afternoon I did it my way.  Eyeball it.  He makes us measure everything and we still don't get it right.  I am a little off, picture wise, no truthfully I can say at times I am a little off, but so glad I am not a perfectionist.  It would be a ton of do overs.  Now I am thinking I will try to hang, by myself, this wooden decorative thing we found at an antique store in Franklin, TN.  We've had it several places but not hanging.  When the Crate and Barrel guys brought the new Bedford chest, they actually moved and centered our bed to the wall.  It has been off slightly since we moved in.  Again, not a perfectionist, so I could live with it but I also knew I wouldn't hang anything on the wall until we did finally fix the measurement.  I do have the yard stick out and I have measured the distance between the predrilled holes.  Can I do this by myself?  Guess I will go find out. 

The answer is yes but it came with a price.  We'll need to do touch up on the paint and I accidentally jammed my thumb with a huge nail.  Because I am on Pradaxa, which is a blood thinner, I have been trying to stop the bleeding.  I finally got it taken care of and I think I am going to live.  Please overlook Buddy's blanket at the end of our bed and the box to the side.  It's as if all those years working for Jason Swiggart at church didn't take.  He is the king of presentation and also Pastor to the Stars and now the Burbs.