Thursday, July 18, 2013

Adventures With a Monitor...Not a Hall Monitor

The rain went away too soon.  I think the plants and grass in the yard could have taken a little more but I am thankful for the rain we received.  Some of the brown patches in the yard are disappearing back into the lush green of growing grass.  Across the way the large brown areas along the water feature have greened up nicely.  Ah, life on the prairie....

Yesterday was my every other Wednesday to be out of the house.  I scheduled my appointment with Cheryl to take care of some of that time.  Stopped in at Barnes and Noble just to check out a few books that I've read reviews about online.  Headed back to the prairie and realized I had not eaten lunch and I was feeling a bit light-headed.  So I went back to Zoe's for an egg salad sandwich.  Then I went over to Home Goods.  Really, 9 times out of 10, I should just get a basket because I almost always have to return to the front of the store and retrieve one.  I walked around the store looking at stuff.  I have some really cute cards that Dena brought back from Scotland and decided to frame them.  Almost all of the frames were not equipped for wall hanging.  There among the frames were shadow boxes with cloth pads and stick pins.  I got the brilliant idea of pinning the cards in the shadow box for a cute presentation.  Of course the next thing to do, go back to the front of the store, get a basket, and go get those shadow boxes.  Right next to the shadow boxes were display stands, how convenient!  Only one fit the box.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for another stand since I bought two boxes.  Another aisle at Home Goods that I usually make a trip down is the lotion and soap one.  I love those huge bars of fragrant soaps.  And I did my usual rescue duty of bringing home journals to a good home.  I will never use all these journals but I hope that all the journals will be used one day.  Once I left Home Goods, it was a quick drive through for a Diet Cherry Diet Coke and then a quick drive by Dena's to check on progress.  Work is being done on the park space across the street from her.  Drove by our home and Chris was still there, so I fueled up Sequisha and made a CVS stop.  I made the decision to go on home and go inside whether Chris was here or not.  Surprise!  She was gone but Roy was home. 

It was also adventure with a heart monitor yesterday.  Every once in a while a different screen pops up on the Blackberry, other than the beating heart and diagram that reminds you where the electrodes go.  Little did I know that it had been this way all night.  Hey, there weren't any phone calls asking if I was dead since they weren't getting any readings.  So I called yesterday morning to see about getting this monitor to...are you ready?  Give me a beat...Janet Jackson.  Anyway, so the outsourced guy from a foreign land is trying to tell me what to do and I am struggling because I am having a dickens of a time understand him and I am having a dickens of a time trying to accomplish these simple requests.  He then tells me always call...never attempt trying to solve the screen issue on my own.  Last night, screen does it again and I follow directions.  Again, outsourced guy tells me completely different stuff but some of the same instructions.  He told me that even when I don't think there is any readings being transmitted, they are.  If they are not getting my readings they will call me.  Ok then...  Also, the monitor part is not the most durable thing.  The back of the battery box keeps coming open and horrors, yesterday in the bathroom at the office building where Cheryl is, the back of the battery comes off and goes one inch over the bathroom stall wall line...with someone in the other stall.  I quickly grab it, wash my hands and then try to replace it back into its original position.  That means pulling up my shirt and exposing all those wires across me.  If unknown person in the other stall is looking, is she freaking out that this heart monitor is something more sinister?  All I know is  I get the heck out of Dodge and quickly make it to the safe confines of Cheryl's waiting room.  Typical, that a person covered in electrodes and wires would be going to a therapist's office.  Oh adventure....

No comments: