Saturday, July 6, 2013

Reunion 1972 in 2013 Style

This has been an enjoyable week.  Got a lot of reading in, had a great lunch with my friend Beth, breakfast with Roy at Black Walnut and shopping, July 4th celebration on Bain Lake and last night.  Beth, Karolyn, Mimi and I met here in Rancho De Five at our home, then went to Dekker's for dinner and came back here and talked and laughed the rest of the night away. 

Mimi, Karolyn, Beth and me right before leaving for dinner
At dinner Beth was taking a million pictures so Mimi and I had a little bit of fun

 
 
Ah Beth, you've been such a good friend to me all these years.
 
 
Karolyn having a fun time posing for pictures.

 
We had a blast catching up, remembering, un-remembering and laughing.  We looked through our senior yearbook, The Citadel, at pictures of long ago crushes, boyfriends and all the strange and odd or at least people we thought were strange and odd. Karolyn and I sang the school song of Johnston Junior High and we were spot on with the words.  I think we could have kept this party going till 1:00 am but we're a little older now and called it an evening around 11:00.  Just a couple more weeks until the official reunion.   
 
This morning I was playing around and put this collage together.  Really, we haven't changed a bit.  OK, maybe just a little.  Roy was so kind to point out that my face finally caught up with my nose.  Thanks dear, I was 16 when that picture was taken and if I had known you then you would have thrown me into an emotional tail spin.  Now, I just give you the look and you gave a valiant try getting out of that hole you dug.  I got a nice complement from Roy about my hair out of this. 
 
 


No comments: