Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday-All Over the Place

It is my favorite kind of Monday where I ease into the day and then get caught up with everything that didn't get done over the weekend.  This can include projects, work or plain old goofing off.  I have done a little bit of all three today.  Guess I am taking heed of what I've been reading in An Unhurried Life. 

I am so excited about Friday evening.  Several of us from back in the day church and high school are meeting at our house and then going out to dinner.  Beth is in town from the Seattle area and Mimi is coming into Rancho De Five from Brenham.  Even our friend Karolyn might just make it too.  There has been a whole lot of texting going on!  And no doubt there will be a whole lot of laughter going on Friday night. 

After doing some rearranging of books today, I think we should have ordered another bookcase for Roy's study.  Think we are doing ok for the time being but it is something to consider.  I am pleasantly surprised with Roy's study and the amount of room there is to work with when actually the study is not that big of a room. 

Last night we were out front dead heading roses and watering plants.  Our friends David and Emily stopped by on their way back from dinner.  They have recently made the move out to Rancho De Five and David has come up with a great word, Cincotized.  That means a long time inner looper is settling into and loving the pace and style of the Rancho De Five life.  I think once you get into the groove it is called Cincopation. 

Is it bad that I have noticed about three typos in church publications in the past week?  I am not without sin to cast the first stone because believe me, if it wasn't for spell check, none of us would have a clue reading my blog.  And I cannot remember words or terms I would like to use descriptively.  Don't get me started on my grammar usage either.  Not correct so much of the time. It's just that typos do not happen too often at church because we have a wonderfully talented communications director at First.  Maybe he is on vacation.  Believe me, he deserves one and so much more.  His family is a living testament of the goodness and faithfulness of God.  On top of the noticed typos, we didn't have our sermon fill in the blank insert at the 9:15 service and our pastor referenced the insert several times.  Last week when I watched the service on the web, the insert hadn't been updated.  Strange....It's ok, because mistakes are just a part of being a biblical relevant community. 

Roy is bringing home dinner from Burgers and More.  Another dive kind of, hole in the wall place that we love out here in Rancho De Five land.  The hamburgers are so big, I can only eat half of mine.  Fresh, never frozen hand made burgers.  Delicious!  And the fries ain't bad either. 

No comments: