Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Whoa or Should That Be Woo Woo...All Aboard!

I met Emily for lunch at the BWC.  We had a late lunch to miss the humongous crowd around 11:30.  After lunch I went to Sprouts for a few things.  The music today was really, really good in the store.  I almost had to buy something else as I was leaving the store because one of my favorite songs was playing, Solid by Ashford and Simpson. 

This morning I almost caught up with the sneaky HOA guy snooping around out front.  I just happened to be outside cleaning the bird bath and feeding the birds and when I went out front to pick up the paper, the HOA guy hightailed it to his car as I was asking him to stop a minute.  I've seen this HOA guy before and wasn't concerned this was a weirdo out in the green space or a peeping Tom.  He has some quick moves.  Really, why do these HOA people shrink away from face to face contact?  Notice I did not say confrontations.

Finally, yes finally, I heard from my cardiologist, rather his office.  I have been trying to talk with the nurse in charge of scheduling procedures and monitors.  I have left a lot of messages but somehow I think the messages never get to the nurse because the receptionist that works there is not the brightest bulb in the bunch.  Oh by the way, what Randy Travis has, viral cardiomyopathy is what I had (have) and thankful I am much farther down the road in healing.  He is 54 and I was 54 when it hit me.  Now back to the boring story of mine.  Actually, they were calling because they didn't have our correct address and they wanted to send a bill.  I only found this out when I asked about the monitor.  This person I was talking to actually checked the files, ordered the monitor and scheduled my follow up appointment.  Glory be!!!  Today, I got the bill and holy mackerel, it contained appointments and services from 2011 till March of 2013.  Good grief.  I knew we hadn't received a bill in a long time from them, but I thought maybe it was all wrapped up with the others, hospital and those who performed different services.  Uh, it would be so much better to keep up with invoices than surprising, your heart patient, with a huge, HUGE, bill.  It doesn't help that this bill hits in July, the most expensive month of the year for us.  All our renewals for anything related to the house come due, as well as car insurance as well as other things that are paid once a year. Termite inspection and related fees are due. Re-upping Am Ex...due.   My, my.  Apparently they think I work for the railroad or something. Then today the heart monitor people called and clearly this representative was outsourced and calling from a foreign land.  I could barely understand him.  I may or may not have agreed that his company owned my first born.  Ha ha...no first borns around here. 

On top of all the regular stuff due both Roy's car and Sequisha need new tires.  So last Saturday Roy's car got its new shoes and on Friday Sequisha will be getting hers.  How much more hers will be than Roy's car?  Should I get a Kick Start account?  Or write fund raising letters? 

Good thing I am not all that interested in the Anniversary Sale early access for fashion reward members at Nordstrom beginning tomorrow.   It's a good thing I have been rather penurious this year in our personal spending.  December pales in comparison to July only no Christmas gifts.  The gift is living in Rancho De Five.  Of course the gift diminishes a bit when any vermin show their ugly selves around but it has been about three weeks that nothing has been lurking about around our fence and flowerbeds.  Well except for the HOA guy today. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

You need to have a conversation with your HOA about their Creepy-Stealth-Guy. I wonder if he's up to no good. Why else would he be so sneaky if he's allowed to be on your property? And I was wondering if R.T. had what you were diagnosed with.