Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dear Lord......

Dear Lord, I am thankful this is not my first day of school.  I am thankful that it's not my first last day in high school.  Thankful for this not being my first day at college.  I am thankful that I don't have to remember the combination to my locker.  I am thankful that school gave me a love of notebooks, pens, pencils and folders.  Thankful that I have all those kind of thing on hand just in case it was my first day of school.  I'm thankful that I don't have to dread math class today.  So thankful for a hubby that loved first days of school, so much so, he had two additional first days after college getting a MBA and a Law Degree.  Thankful not having to worry what to wear for my first day of school, but mostly I am thankful that I slept in this morning on so many other's first day of school.  So, this morning I have enjoyed all the pictures from the morning of the first day of school while eating cinnamon toast and drinking a Diet Coke. 

It's not like I don't have homework though.  Our first day of CBS training begins tomorrow.  I have completed my work but need to go over everything again.  Seems like I always forget to answer a question or two.  I'm excited about seeing everyone.  We also have new leadership in many areas so it will be exciting to grow under their leadership.  We are studying Genesis this year.  A fitting place to start since there are many new beginnings. 

***Today was the second day of school and our first day back at Leadership Training.  Loved the theme of basic training with the servant team wearing camo t-shirts and bandannas...and dog tags.  We sang songs that went with that theme, but we did not sing Marching to Zion and I would have marched if Lineta had asked us to.   It was a great morning of seeing old friends and making new friends, prayer, instruction and a pretty fine lunch.  That's when I had to leave because my appointment for Orthovisc injections was at 1:10.  On the way to the appointment, the nurse called and asked if I could come at 2:30 since the Dr was still in surgery.  OK, turned around and went back to the church to finish out training, only to get a phone call just as I got to the door asking if I could come back to the office now.  So back I went, got the injections after a little wait and then came on home. 

Dr Smith asked me if I could feel any difference in my knees and I certainly can.  I helped Dena yesterday move some fragile items to her new home.  I wouldn't have been able to do that pre-shot.  On Sunday I had the step ladder out and went about the business of hanging a few pictures around the house.  Never would have happened pre-injection.  He cautioned me to take it easy the next 48 hours and I assured him I would.  Peggy will just have to carry all the heavy stuff tomorrow when we help Dena. 

So, this morning, Roy is up and getting ready to go into the office.  I am trying to wake up because no sleeping in today for me.  Back on school time.  Most mornings as I am awakening, I rub my right knee , my hand on the blankets...  Last night when I fell asleep, I was a little sore and worn from helping Dena, so I was rather startled when I rubbed my knee this morning and I couldn't feel a thing.  My hand could feel the bend of my knee but my knee couldn't feel my hand.  I screamed!  Which, is not a good thing because Roy usually does the opposite thing, like run to the front door instead of finding out what's wrong.  He came out of the bathroom, concerned and trying to find out why I screamed.  I told him, I can't feel my right knee.  Then my right knee began to move, as if I didn't have any control of it.  I was freaking out until I realized that Buddy somehow had made her way under the covers during the night and was curled around my knee.  Whew....You would have thought her fur on my knee would have given me a clue, especially since this is the summer when I don't practice the Nazarite vow of winter, not shaving my legs...as much. 

Also, everything is a go for the loop recorder procedure.  While driving all over creation, ok the Katy Freeway, I called the cardio office to get the confirmation.  Proceeding is taking place except for the surprise of the early morning Buddy incident.  That set me back a little, but I'm good and still thankful I don't have to go to a math class in the morning.   





1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

again, I'm wishing I could be the fly on your wall!