Monday, August 19, 2013

Fear of Missing Anything

Last night Roy and I were outside cleaning the bird bath and doing other outside chores when I got a scary moment that soon turned into delight.  I was in the side yard working with the bird bath and Roy was outside the gate checking on some shrubs when I saw something from the corner of my eye.  It was brown and I gave out a little yelp but when I saw it was a bunny, the yelp turned to laughter.  The bunny had come through the courtyard which means it came under our front gate.  It was only a few feet away, it didn't seemed scared but kept a wary eye on me.  Then bunny foo foo started toward the backyard and that is when Roy started walking towards it but that drove the bunny to the backyard, not away from it.  He didn't mind the three baby bunnies that lived in our raised flower bed but he's not wanting a trend to start here.  Our flower bed must have good vibe in the bunny world.  So this bunny sighting made Roy adjust his plans and instead of working on his original  plan, he weeded the back flowerbed and tonight I will go out there and dead head the zinnias that provided a lot of protection and coverage for them.  The bunny came back around by me and exited the way it came in.   

I saw something on Twitter yesterday.  It was from one of those anonymous accounts that are so funny.  It just said FOMA and then the explanation, it stood for Fear Of Missing Anything.  Years ago I was a FOMA member.  I went to things, parties and church when I didn't really feel like it but I was so afraid I might miss something.  Really?  I was fearful that I would miss out on the latest news...read gossip by using the term news, miss out on what everyone was wearing and maybe even miss out on a future invitation to an event and when it came time for that event, I would go because of FOMA.  The past five years has changed me, I am no longer a member in good standing of FOMA. 

On Saturday afternoon I went over to help Dena pack.  She has boxes everywhere filled and ready to be filled.  Peggy has been in Ft Worth getting her mom's house cleaned out and stuff ready for an estate sale.  Peggy and I were talking yesterday as she drove back home.  They found all kinds of notes and pieces of paper in her dad's study.  I remember when Roy and I were cleaning out his mother's house and we found all kinds of strange and odd things.   I thought back to my grandparents and the things that my grandmother prized and kept out of harms way but when their house was cleaned out most of those things were broken or had rotted away or became dim with grit and grime.  Funny, the things that we prize and hold dear or have sentimental value to us will be fodder for laughter by whoever goes through all our junk and everything.  When I was going through things and packing for our move I came across a used Kleenex that I had placed in a baggie.  I knew it was from the last Sunday that Gerald and Trev were at First Baptist.  Why I felt I needed to keep it for so long, haven't a clue but it did get thrown away.  It would be too much of a broad brush stroke but it's true, things shouldn't have such a hold on us.  When it comes to the end of life, there might be some sentimental value in what we leave, but most of it will be garage sale junk, tossed into a dumpster or if it is lucky, find a home in Peggy's crime lab.  I do have one Bible that I have underlined the weirdest verses in it and them write a comment like good word or this means so much to me beside the verses.  I want whoever that comes behind and has to go through things to get a good chuckle.  Yes, I have a Bible that has real meaningful verses underlined and noted but really having someone's Bible from the long ago just takes up space and you feel guilty if you get use if for the pictures or get rid of it. 

Just heard from the knee doctor office and I have to go later in the day tomorrow to get my first injection or if he is still in surgery, I might have to wait a week to start the injections.  Hopefully, I can proceed tomorrow. 

No comments: