Thursday, August 8, 2013

Just a Thursday in the Summer

Only a few more days wearing the heart monitor and August 11th will be a happy day indeed to be set free from these cords and Blackberry.  After the first week and skin that was just about done with the electrode patches, I began taking a day off from the thing to give my skin time to heal a bit.  At first when I didn't have it on or if the electrodes weren't secured, the dreaded call would come asking about the non readings.  Instead of being straight up with this corporate provider I told a little white lie and I said it as such, it wasn't really a lie but it wasn't the truth.  I'd respond, my friend lives off a lake (truth) and I don't like wearing the monitor around the water (true) but the falsehood was....I wasn't at the lake.  Since I have had three good reports maybe they've backed off in analyzing the data and knowing I'm on the last stretch of wearing, they are cutting me a break or they might be thinking, she's at the lake.  None the less, I should have been straight up with the truth of this goo on the electrodes eats up my skin and I have huge bruises from reattaching the wires to the pads. 

Last night around 9:00, I headed over to Peggy's to see everyone.  It is too dang hot for me to be over there at the lake during the day, which would make the at the lake story true, a few days before my appointment at the orthopedic doctor.  I have been filling out medical forms and such.  I came to a conclusion to write out bullet points for the last five years with my health.  It will be faster and concise more than trying to write everything out by hand or tell him.  In the highlights and lowlights I can see God's hand at work through this whole time.  I'm so thankful!  Almost everyone at Peggy's, even Peggy, was tired after a full day outside on the water.  The kids rallied enough strength to have a milkshake and I don't think they would be up much longer.  Again, I'm so thankful to live close to friends out here in Rancho De Five and be able to do the late night thing and then come home without driving on a freeway.  This week I'll also get to have lunch with Emily, recent convert to the Rancho.  It will be fun when Dena heads out this way too. 

It is now Thursday morning.   The green space is being mowed and later this afternoon Abel and crew will take care of our yard.  We are in a pause mode with our backyard flowerbed.  The little bunnies need the extra weed covering so that hawks and other animals of prey can't see them.  Roy checked on them last night and the bunnies are doing well.  I can't believe we have gotten so emotionally invested in these little critters.  Really?  Am I that surprised because I've emotionally invested in these birds that come to the feeder and bird bath everyday. 

My friend Beth that lives in the Seattle area sent me another picture of her views when she's outside.  That whole area is so beautiful and when the weather is at its best, August, she is out soaking it all in.  Not letting anytime or anyplace go to waste.  Her picture this time looks to be near the Mt Rainer trails and she and a friend are doing a day hike.  I love when she sends Mimi and me these pictures that she is including us in her life.  I've always admired Beth's free spirit.  I love that she is sentimental and gives great thought in her responses to questions and life.  Beth's life is not formulaic, she lives in honesty.  She is inquisitive.  She has a huge heart and a pliable spirit. 

I don't know if I am thinking through things because of getting to see long time friends this summer or the timing of my birthday and entering into my last year of the 50's.  It could be as I have taken a different approach to the summer and really taking the time to be still and to listen, that I am seeing life differently and even more so than usual taking stock of what's important and what isn't.  In previous posts I've written about the formulas we attach ourselves to and sometimes in doing that we are missing out on so much more of life.  One thing that I feel like I'm resolving to the finish line but this 'issue' has dogged me for the past ten years off and on.  I will go for months and not give this 'issue' another thought but when I am not guarding my heart, I can think this thing through till, well till whenever.  There are just some people that we aggravate and that causes malice toward us when we don't even know we are doing or causing it.  There was a day that it amused me to aggravate and challenge because I was sooooo good at it.  Not so much now.   I need to move on and wish them well doing my best not to set them off and yet I will have this wee little thought tucked into the back of my mind, don't end up living life like them.  Stay away from fear dominating thinking, insecurity, jealousy, and encasing those feelings in a well wrapped 'holy acting' or a victim fabrication or lie.  Which brings me full circle to telling the Life Watch people a well wrapped fabrication on why I don't have on the monitor some days.  I will speak the truth in love even though I have trouble understanding their outsourced accented reply.



No comments: