Monday, August 12, 2013

Freedom!

The number one thing to do on my list today; taking the heart monitor to UPS.  It's going back after staying with me for a month.  I am happy not to adjust electrodes, change batteries or listen to it sound the alarm when I have moved out of range. It will be so nice not having to peel the goo from the electrode pad off me.  And the happiest note from this month, every report, every reading was normal and they pinpointed times that my heart flutters, not the in love kind of flutter, it's heat and stress.  That doesn't come as a surprise at all.  Next Monday is the cardiologist appointment and my hope is to continue proceeding. 

We thought we were going to get rain yesterday because it looked like a lot of Rancho and Katy got rained upon.  We took the opportunity of the cooler temps to dead head roses and re-enforced the bottom of the shepherd hook that holds the bird feeder.  We had planned to go to BCF yesterday morning but we overslept.  I think it was to Roy's advantage that we did.  He has been working so hard.  We did a brunch/lunch at Victor's.  I did breakfast, Roy had enchiladas. 

I have taken the monitor to the UPS store!  I'm free from the tangled wires, the alarm sounding when I've been out of distance and the skin eating goo on the electrodes. 

Too bad it's not closer to Christmas time.  This weekend a lovely pimple showed up right there on the end of my nose.  Bright red.  Wrinkles and pimples, it's just not right.  Fortunately I was able to stick around home and not have to lead a sleigh or anything through the mist and fog even at the expense of all the other reindeers who would love me and shout our my name with glee, Nancy, with a bright red pimple your name will go down in his-tor.....y!

The angel priest story this past week on the news has created some interesting conversations.  I was just reading a blog and they asked for angel stories that were like this one.  I am not going to comment on that blog but I will tell you my angel story.  When I played tennis at the University Club on the top of the Galleria, it wasn't unusual to play, eat lunch and then stand out in the parking garage finishing up conversations.  One day, a friend and I were halfway between our cars.  We parked at opposite ends of each other saying goodbye when out of the corner of my eye I saw two thugs approaching us.  My friend and I looked at each other because we knew we were about to be robbed.  We were too far from the U Club entrance to be heard over the sound of tennis inside and the sound of cars outside.  We both turned to face the thugs wishing we had the time to pull out our racquets and make some kind of defense.  The guys ran toward us with their eyes on our purses and then surprisingly to us, they made attempts to stop on a dime.  Their attention was directed up over us and their faces reflected their fear.  In their attempts to stop and turn, they both fell down, never taking their eyes off whatever they were looking at way over our heads.  They got up somewhat confused and scrambled while they ran off screaming.  I looked at my friend and said, I think angels are with us.  I had always heard they were really tall and really big.  Every time an angel appears in the Bible the words Fear Not are used at the beginning of a sentence.  At this point we both just wanted to get in our cars and get the heck out of the Galleria, but I did say to her that God had sent his angels to watch over us and we should give Him lots and lots of praise.  Believe me, in the car on the way home, I was blasting praise songs and singing at the top of my lungs.  That was enough to keep the enemy at bay as I returned home.  My friend and I didn't talk very often about that afternoon but when she was diagnosed with stage four bone cancer, she asked me to tell her about this God that I loved and had protected us that day.  When she passed away, she went straight to Jesus.  I told her before she passed, find those angels in heaven and thank them for me. 

No comments: