Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Continuation Into Thursday

Just thinking that I have done something three weeks in a row that I haven't done in almost three years.  I have been to Nordstrom three weeks in a row.  The last two weeks I met Mimi and Laurie for lunch. Today, no lunch but on a mission.  The third floor home dept is always a fun place to spend time and the last two weeks I have looked at some red tin canisters but never bought them.   I had planned to go to Nordy this afternoon since Chris had changed her schedule to come today instead of tomorrow.  She is taking the citizenship test tomorrow and guess she has kind of worked herself up thus making her blood pressure sky rocket and called last night to let me know she isn't coming.  That's pretty much ok, oh I will have to do some minor cleaning but we've been rather not messy of late.  I was happy not to find stuff to do this afternoon.  Mornings are much easier to be occupied.    So, I headed into Nord with a Nord Note and when checking out, the canisters were half price, so I went back and got a second one.  Such a nice surprise, it paid to procrastinate.  Then I headed over to the Tanglewood Gift and Stationery store next to Le Peep but it is gone or has it moved?   When I am somewhat in the area, I try to get to Three Brother's Bakery and pick up a few gingerbread men.  Then a quick stop at Fresh Market and Barnes and Noble.  Not a bad morning at all.  The traffic gets to me now, when it never bothered me for 17 years when we lived in the area.

Last day of school tomorrow.  Dang, should have made one more Target run.  Facebook will have first and last days of school and I love to see those pictures of kids.  Even though school or no school in our home just thinking about tomorrow being the first day of summer vacation for kids feels like, even for us, relaxing days ahead.  Hot days but never the less, relaxing days.

The Oxford American magazine came this week and it is a great issue.  Probably because it is more literary this issue.  There is an article on Mary Lee Settle and I know all of you have heard of her before.  She was a southern author and I have collected her books.  Back in the day when it was more fun and challenging because the Internet wasn't at immediate command.  I went through lots of antique and used book store to get the Beulah Land Quintet first editions.  I believe there is an excerpt on her book Addie in the magazine which is non fiction about her grandmother's life in Kentucky.

I put out the money for Abel tonight so I won't have to do the outside pajama run in the morning when I hear the summer sound of lawn mowers.  We usually are the late Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning cut but you never know.

As it happens sometimes it is now Thursday morning.  Once again I got hooked on WWII on AHC, formally known as The Military Channel.  Roy bought me a D-Day magazine by Time last weekend.  I think he is pretty much over watching these shows with me.  I cannot help but think of the what if...if God hadn't But God Moved.  The amount of research they put into rockets, jets and DNA work on animals was beyond every other nation.  Thankfully the downfall of this horrible time leaders is the time tested, always going to take you down...a huge ego.  They began believing their own PR and with the victories scored thought they were geniuses and military brilliant.  The way the remaining leaders tried to broker their future with negotiations with the Allies is just plain and simple ego, when there was nothing to their fallen empire but deception, inhumanity and chaos.  I had never seen one program last night in how the Allies after the war put a plan into place to help German's see the truth and rehabilitate their thinking and the trial for war crimes cemented the truth that these men are criminals.

I need to quit blogging and get to cleaning.  We changed out the air filters last night which means there needs to be some vacuuming today.

No comments: