Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Getting Our Minds Out of, I Mean On The Gutters

I am so trying to keep my mind out of the gutter or should that be gutters?  Maybe I should be thinking I should get my mind off gutters.  Who would have thought that gutters would be such a problem?  Roy has been getting estimates from various places because he was told that our gutters had been installed wrong.  So he contacts our warranty guy to ask about that while gutter guy #1 is giving us an estimate to correct said problem.  This morning I get the lovely surprise having the DW gutter guy and warranty guy at our home and me with messy hair and no make up.  At least I had taken a shower and brushed my teeth.  Anyway I am trying to get a hold of Roy whose life is consumed in meetings.  The DW gutter guy is clearly miffed that we have been told that there hadn't been proper installation and gives us a much better quote on cost of adding gutters to the side and back of the house.  Finally Roy is able to call me and I get him caught up, so he puts a hold on our gutter guy #1 and gets the number of DW gutter guy.  Just when I thought my life was free of gutters today, I get a call from a company that wants to set up an appointment for a remeasure from gutter guy #1.  I DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NO GUTTERS!  I didn't say that but calmly gave the lady Roy's phone number.  And now it is raining and here's hoping the gutters hold.  They will hold, just too bad I put out bird seed thirty minutes ago.  And either Roy has taken off the nozzle on the garden hose or somebody has stolen it cause there weren't a nozzle in sight for me to clean out the bird bath.  Yes, life is totally exciting here in Rancho De Five, where seldom is heard a guttering word and the clouds are spilling rain out all day...maybe not all day but has for the past couple of hours.

So I finished a really good book, The Professor and then read The Right Thing...which was a little disappointing.  I don't know if it is due to the really good book right before it or not.  I didn't really get interested in the characters and didn't really care even though I would have liked to have some of the particulars at the beginning and maybe they would have caused me to be more sympathetic to their plight and cause.  To mix it up a bit, I have started a non fiction book, Flappers.  Major players of the jazz age and their rise and fall or rise and steady adventures in life.  I didn't realize how WWI and the ensuing age was quite freeing for women of the time.  I mainly bought the book because of the interesting novel I read about Zelda S Fitzgerald.

Well, it is Tuesday and the gutter situation is resolved and life can go on.  We were still in the 72 hour cancellation time and we did just that and went with the DW gutter guy.  Roy got the last of those little details taken care of last night and faxed the contract this morning.  Whew, I wasn't liking my attention having to be in the gutter so much.

I am struggling to stay in and be present in the moment.  My mind and heart is fully focused on my upcoming trip to Asheville.  Thanks to a friend's recommendation we have found a real estate agent that works in the Buncombe County area.  We might have to find agents that work in the other areas we are interested in.  Too many times I begin thinking through our list of what we want, what is or won't be a deal breaker for us and then plain old daydreaming of having four seasons...I love you baby and if  it's quite alright I need you baby....sorry had to stop and sing for a moment.  And if we don't find what we are looking for, I will be content to do a short term lease and get the heck out of the heat...you see I can't stand the heat so that is why I stay out of the kitchen.

No comments: