Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Early Morning, Thankful I Wasn't the Bird That Got the Worm

It has been quite some time since I've been awake and out of bed to see the sun rise from the study.  Buddy wasn't awake and wandering throughout the night, thus I got better sleep.  Also, for the past week I have been fighting off something and haven't felt the best but made the turn for the better last night.

If you're looking for an interesting read this summer, Incognito might be the book for you.  I finished it yesterday afternoon.  It is the author's story of attending Harvard Divinity School in the 80's and how she became an ordained minister in the Methodist Church when she wasn't even considering that option when she applied and accepted.  Her determination to do this with scholarships and money from jobs she picked up is interesting and her relationship jungle, even more.  But the best part of the story is how she came to experience God and His Will in a way unique to the HDS experience.  She is a wordsmith and her writing style is enjoyable if not downright brilliant.  Several of her thoughts went into my quote journal.

OK, you know when you are getting snubbed by Siri that things are bad.  Several times in the past few weeks I have asked her for directions and her response is, "Sorry, somethings wrong, I can't help you now.  Try a little later."  Something was wrong for quite some time, so I began to ask her compassionate questions like are you OK?  Can I help in anyway?  Is someone hurting you? I don't know but it seemed as if she got a "tone" in her voice with me.  I Googled this to see if anyone else had experienced this phenomenon and by cracky, she is snubbing others too.  Good, I hoped it hadn't been a personal thing because I use Google maps more than her.

Funny, you can get so much done the earlier one gets started although I predict a nap will be in my future.  I have a package ready to mail and I am doing a spring cleaning kind of deal with blankets and throw rugs. Now I need to sit down and make a few appointments before I leave for Asheville later this summer.

In light of yesterday's post I saw this quote today and thought I would share it.

I think that is what film and art and music do; they can work as a map of sorts for your feelings.




No comments: