Thursday, June 26, 2014

Difficulties Alongside Celebration

I have just been involved in one of the most frustrating experiences of late.  Granted I do not have a college degree but I was only short twenty one hours to graduate, so I got the majority of my education.  Common sense is a gift I've enjoyed for most of my life, so I can figure things out usually but I have decided that the electric and battery operated toothbrush makers of America are in a conspiracy to make either changing the head of the toothbrush so complicated or changing the battery in a battery operated toothbrush so exasperating that most will buy a new brush rather than be frustrated by the complications.  I just spent 30 minutes trying to understand with the tiniest of instructions on the back of a replacement head package how to successfully accomplish that feat, you know, change the head of a toothbrush.  Truthfully, I went with the electric toothbrush because I never figured out how to get the back off the toothbrush to replace the battery.  I know I am not the only one in this distress because I have spoken to several friends who have taken the same wise choice as me after dealing with toothbrush frustrations, just buy a new one.  So today, finally, after reading and re-reading the directions for the hundredth time and finally getting the little tool included in the package to work like it is supposed to, I got the dag nab-bit head off the toothbrush.  I had to because my hands had been all over the brush...it was a must change the head type of situation.  Putting the new head on the brush was a piece of cake.  After a bit I decided to try out the new brush head that had taken so long to replace but I forgot an important fact that about fifteen minutes before trying out the new brush I had eaten three red jellybeans.  I somewhat freaked out when I saw red on my brush and in the sink...dang the brush head is too stiff but no it was three sour cherry jellybeans.  All is well in the brushing world around here.  Of course this whole paragraph has been something you've just been dying to know.

We have been eating My Fit Foods for dinner somewhat to be healthy and counteract those jellybeans but mainly because it is easy to prepare but we needed a break.  We decided to go out for dinner and after sorting through our choices we picked Chinese.  But here's the thing...Roy rarely comes home in bad moods.  He can have a trying day at the office but the bus ride home gives him time to sort through and move on whatever his daily concerns have been.  Last night was different, he was kind of snarky and picky.  It carried on through our drive to and at the restaurant.  Now there was a day that I would have jumped all over this because I believed I could trump his most snarky and picky days with my own attitude.  I was quickly getting to that point when Roy asked, do I seem to be in a bad mood?  "No darling, not that I have noticed" is something I could have said but didn't.  I didn't want to lie!   He had that studied look and said I am going to have to quit reading Blood Feud on the bus coming home.  He surmised spending all that time reading about Hillary and Michelle had influenced him and his mood.  Thankfully he recognized the source because he rarely brings home the 'office.'

The July cherries from Henry and David were delivered yesterday.  A note was included with the shipment that the cherries had ripened sooner than expected so they were delivered just a week after the mangoes.  We have loved this gift from Nancy and Megan.  We tried a few of the cherries before we put them up and dang if they aren't some of the best cherries I have ever eaten.  Also happy to see Sprouts has them on sale this week.  It is that greatest time of the year for fruit.

This has been the least productive week but I am happy to have had a week like this.  Too many weeks like this would make one lazy.  Reading and writing and taking naps in between the stuff you have to take care of like obstinate toothbrush heads.  This past week has been a private celebration for this phase of dental work to be done with last weeks implant completion.  I can smile and laugh again without my hand being in front of my mouth.  This has been a six month process, so I believe a week is a good time frame for celebration.  We will resume the process in late September, something I am quite happy about because dental work stresses and fatigues me, even with a great and caring dentist.


No comments: