Monday, June 16, 2014

Doing Life

O Blessed Day of Sunday afternoon.  We went to church, The Fresh Market, T Jin's, and did a drive by the eye doctor office where I will be going this week.  We stopped at Wendy's for Frosties and I got mine in a waffle cone.  Perfect top off to send me to nap time, which lasted much longer than anticipated.  Now it is stink-in hot outside; Welcome Summer!

This was a week where I felt a day behind because Roy had taken off Monday but by Thursday I knew it was Thursday.  I got to see friends on Friday afternoon at Black Walnut.  We had a quorum for our club, Vonda, Dana, Marcia, Jill and me.  Peggy was on the lake and Claire was at work.  We gathered not to say goodbye but see ya soon to Jill who is moving to California to be married.  We will miss her and her talented all out piano playing.  It was a serendipity gathering because it was last minute.  I could not get there for a bit because I was waiting for the gutter guy to come.  Once I had done my gutter matching duty...color...I was off to see my friends.  I didn't eat at BWC because I was meeting Roy at Luby's for dinner.  We called Dena and she was free to come with us.  So we had a lovely dinner and we mainly went there because of the fried shrimp special.  While we were finishing up our delicious lunch/dinner, our friend Louise from Life Bible study passed by with a tray of Luby goodness.  Roy was planning on grilling sliders and corn on the cob Saturday evening, so we asked Dena and Louise to join us.  We had a great time!  After trying all the slider offerings of the local grocery stores, we have decided that Whole Food's sliders are the best because the meat is lean and the veggies and spices they add is just right.  After our dinner on Friday I went over to Dena's to help her rearrange some furniture.  There is always the treat of me breaking into uncontrollable laughter when moving furniture because the memories of moving a chair up the stairs always come to mind.  Fortunately, I was able to help with minimal laughter.

Tuesday and Wednesday evenings were my first two of the summer on Lake Bain.  Well, technically I was not on the lake but on the dock.  Peggy had family in for the week and I always love seeing them.  The evenings were cooled down by a lake breeze and the sunsets were beautiful.  Only the mosquitoes marred both beautiful nights.

There isn't much to this post to the eye but to the heart there is an abundance of gratitude.  I have been blessed all throughout life with some of the best friends ever.  Underneath it all I am so thankful for those I get to do life with and I am equally grateful for those I don't have to do life with right now.  No jumping through hoops to keep them happy, don't have to deal with their insecurities and rigidness and their aversion to change. I'm enjoying this time of life and this season of not having to deal with such.


No comments: