Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday! It's the Weekend!

Did anyone get the license of that truck that hit me?  Oh yea, it was going to the eye doctor today.  I haven't had my eyes dilated in a long time since the ophthalmologist I went to did that other way you paid extra for.  Today, I went to a new doctor and office.  Loved the whole experience but this afternoon I feel as if I have been crushed and run over.  Guess it is all the extra light coming in my eyes that is making me feel so sleepy and lethargic.  I didn't fall asleep but I have truly been resting my eyes since returning home.  It could be that I had to stay away since Chris was here.  After the appointment I went to Cracker Barrel for brunch.  Then I headed over to Home Goods and Target.  It has been a while since I have been in Home Goods.  Of course I found things that needed to come home with me and shopping at Target, well that 's a given things' not on the list items' are going to come home with me.  I got a Sonic Diet Cherry Diet Coke and headed over to a local glasses place to order new glasses.  This doctor office doesn't have the glasses in their office.  Gee, where shall I go?  It's not like I didn't pass three offices on my way to the one I finally picked.  It was the ol' drive by thing.  I'm  happy with my choice and should have new glasses in a couple of weeks.

Several weeks ago I mentioned the terse store is now closed in Hobby Lobby at 8:03pm and a terse warning from Zondervan makes me wonder where second chances are in the Christian world.   Last year sometime I signed up for their emails and I decided after deleting many of those emails without even opening them that I would unsubscribe.  When I started the process of unsubscribing they let me know that in choosing unsubscribe I would NEVER EVER be able to subscribe again!  I'm willing to take my chances....I did it, I unsubscribed.   I will just have to take my chances on missing out on themed Bibles, Jesus Junk and a few good books.  Not worried on the book part, that's what browsing through a bookstore is for and Amazon periodically lets me know about books I might like.

It is now Friday and that truck that ran over me yesterday has come back for a return.  Don't know if it is from the heat which in summer terms is not that hot yet or what.  Both of us had hair appointments today and thankfully I am a little blonder but hopefully not any dumber.  Since my appointment was at 10:00 and Roy's at 2:00 we met at Luby's for lunch.  Senior discount is now from 11:00-3:30, not that we go to get the discount but it is nice to save a few bucks here and there.  Roy hardly ever gets the LuAnn platter so it is me saving the bucks.

Our Realtor in Asheville sent the MLS listings for a few places we are interested in.  Love it because there is more detail and info.  Hopefully, some of these will still be on the market when we get there.  Mountain views and low humidity....many more good hair days....I am all for that.  


No comments: