Thursday, March 5, 2015

Always A Constant Change

So, I'm writing this in my room at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate.  Surprised that I am in Asheville?  Truth be told, I am kind of surprised myself.  I had talked about making one more trip but had decided against that.  All it took was a messed up delivery and a few odds and ends that need to be taken care of and I was out into the fog at 4:00 am on Tuesday morning.  That fog was really bad all the way past Lake Charles and it was beginning to burn off around the causeway bridge across the bayous.  Very thankful for that!

It was a long day but an enjoyable day.  The quiet was nice and music was nice.  I even found David Jeremiah's radio show to listen to.  I stopped for breakfast in Sulfur and then snacked along the way.  Chicky in Meridian is closed due to remodeling, so lunch was punted.  I got into the hotel around 7:00 which is really 6:00 CST.  Erin came to the hotel and met me for dinner.  What fun as we exchanged Christmas gifts before going to 99 cent taco night.  Man, those tacos were good!  Erin will be in Houston this summer at Houston Methodist Hospital on an externships in the cardiology area.  So proud of her!  I came back to the hotel and pretty much went to bed after talking with Roy.  I woke up early and when I saw all the fog, a later departure was in order.  It is one thing to drive on flat highway and a whole nother thing to drive on windy mountain roads.  By 9:00 it was much better, so I hit the road making the usual stops at the Exxon station with the great coffee and the rest stop in Andrews.

So, unloading the car was quite the job.  I got all of it done and took a much needed lunch break on the front porch.  I had a delicious protein bar, cheese crackers with peanut butter and dessert, margarita jelly beans from Sunday.  Oh and lots of water.  Before the work began I got to meet my neighbor Donna and Jennifer and her dog Marilyn stopped as they were returning home.  Jennifer's significant other is a man.  I found that out in the conversation.  I also found out that the moving truck needs  to be careful of the over head wires and which direction they come from not to tear up the street.

I crashed after writing the above.  I had dinner and came back to the room, talked with Roy and was asleep by 9:00pm.  All the excitement of the weekend and then getting ready for the trip and driving, then unloading has finally caught up with me.  Roy says I always sleep more in the mountains but I also don't get as tired.

Delicious breakfast.  They are remodeling the buffet area so I felt a little like a fish out of water but it all came back to me.  Had a front row seat at the fireplace which was roasty toasty.  They've put in new carpet in the dining room and it looks good.

In a bit I will head out to the house with our friend Edward.  He has volunteered to help me today.  So thankful for that.  I just looked out the window and saw our friend Laurenzia, AKA Scrumptious, working valet.  So hopefully, I will get to see him today.

Hoping all the ice and sleet hold off until both deliveries come today.  Then tomorrow begins good weather again.  It was in the 70's yesterday.

No comments: