Thursday, March 5, 2015

Quick Check In

From spring like temps yesterday to below freezing today, the weather in Asheville is not all that different than Texas.  I wasn't thrilled that I needed to be at the house this afternoon for furniture deliveries with the temperatures predicted to plummet and the misty rain turning into ice, sleet and then having snow.  Not that people up here are any better at driving in ice than in Houston, but there are more four wheel drive vehicles here.  I wasn't looking forward to driving back to the Inn in less than ideal conditions.  Pottery Barn was early in their delivery and Roy had the dresser rescheduled for delivery when we come back.  Of course we are the favorites in the neighborhood because the PB truck knocked down the cable wire coming up our street.  Roy called the cable company here to let them know.  I am thinking that our neighbors need to experience Goode Company Pecan Pie and we will bring some of those as a peace offerings when we return.

The drive back was uneventful, thankfully, and I even had time to stop in The Garden Center here and get some hand lotion that I really like.  Then I drove over to Antler Hill Village and went to the Traditions shop and of course found some very cute things.  Last night I went to the Library for dinner but tonight I opted for room service, salad, chicken tenders and french fries.  Delicious!  I've checked out the window several times but not seeing any snow flurries.  I had thought about requesting a late check out tomorrow but really, I need to get the day started off the Estate.

Just finished talking with Roy and since I have been on the go all day, I think it is time to go to sleep and it isn't even 9:00 pm.

No comments: