Friday, September 16, 2016

It's Friday!

It was a long night or an early morning or both. Buddy had trouble once again settling down if I decided to move one iota not to her liking. Around 5:00 am I pulled myself out of bed and the truth is I could have done that at 4:00 am cause there wasn't any sleep for the weary. I came downstairs and read a little but didn't make coffee because the plans were to go to Corner Kitchen for breakfast before my hair appointment. Sometimes I get so enthralled with a certain Psalm and Psalm 65 has been on the repeat read these past few weeks. Lots of nature in this particular psalm. A few shout outs about the harvest time too. Verse 11 in the NLT, "You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance." We all know and we are all praying for those we know on the hard pathways. We may even be experiencing the hard pathways ourselves, but I love that even then, the hard pathways overflow with abundance.

The past three nights have been rough for sleep. I've been active and doing things but my brain wants to keep on working through the night and sleep has been fitful. This is not a usual experience for me. My head hits the pillow and I'm out but in the past few months I have really struggled with falling asleep. Add in the Buddy factor too. So, it was still dark when I came downstairs this morning but from my view of a front window I watched an incredible sight. As the light began to make an appearance the skies became a wispy gray with gray clouds accompanying the morning. I looked out again several minutes later and the gray skies had been overrun by the fog making slow progress across the valleys and pastures. The speed of the rolling fog sped up much quicker than before and all I could see were dim outlines of what might be trees but for the area in front of our home, it was pure de fog. While this grand picture is playing out in the front, a much smaller stage is observing the huge spider that has been working on its web for the past couple of days. In that dark, gray atmosphere I could make out the workings of that spider, speedily constructing a larger trap for the plentiful amount of insects available for capture. Both the fog and the spider socking in and nabbing victims. The murkiness and haze began receding into those nearby valleys. Even this morning while mostly clear around here, the vapor lingered down the road and especially on the shallow water of The French Broad river. I was so tempted to stop and take a few pictures but with the fog so thick, I was a little nervous to do that.

Got the usual at Corner Kitchen. After breakfast I walked around Biltmore Village, The brick sidewalks are difficult to traverse when one needs to keep their brain focused on communicating with my feet. I carefully walked down to Mountain Merch, and a little tempted to buy a t-shirt, but talked myself out of that. It was a bit of a jaunt for this energy conserving person to Wink but I got there and was able to cool down before my haircut. On the way home I stopped at Home Goods, which is always a fun trip.
****************************************************************************

Friday early evening...OK, that spider was so scary, that I took it out last night with some wasp spray. It did the job.

I am thankful that Josh made it by today not only to pick up his check but to pick up all the scraps of metal and supplies on our neighbor's property. The caretaker usually comes every other weekend and this be the weekend that they'll be caretaking.

Last night I went to bed at 8:00 pm. I was exhausted and barely could keep my eyes open. I fell into a hard sleep three times in forty five minutes...two Buddy awakenings and a phone call from Roy....which he is so fortunate that I heard cause I was so asleep. I slept till 8:00 am. Now I really, really needed this! I did ease a bit into the day but not like I am wont to do because I needed to make a trip to the grocery store. I came home, had a fun conversation with Lisa P and then Josh came by. After he left, I was off to the Post Office to mail two packages, came home, finished up the Mildred and Gertrude script and now thinking about fixing dinner. I found this ravioli filled with ricotta and spinach today and I think that is my dining choice.




No comments: