Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A Rainy Tuesday Does Not Get Me Down

It is a cool Tuesday morning...cool as in temperature, not like Tuesday is the coolest day of the week kind of thing. From all weather accounts this afternoon will begin a rainy and stormy three days. I'm thinking I might get out to run an errand or two but it could be that I won't because that ensconced feeling is all over me. Buddy is out for her second tour of duty of porch protection i.e. porch napping. Cali and Riley were post and fence sitters this morning waiting for breakfast. Got them fed and Camo made an appearance for a quick bite. Cali put herself between Camo and Riley, so something has gone one but not knowing the minds of cats...who knows? I could dedicate what is now called the third chapter of life to feral cat studies. Well, I won't go as far as studies but I will go with the point of observation.

Last night in all my workout and working at home beauty, I met our new neighbor as she dragged her garbage can up the road. They have a much further walk and I am feeling grateful for being a little lower on this hill or ridge. She has the most beautiful name, Nancy. They are from Savannah and have been everywhere man because he is in the military. They just came from Hawaii and she worked at the humane offices because there are thousands of feral cats on the islands. So, she knows how to trap feral cats, get them fixed and released. Wow, they moved to the right place. She has seen Cali and Camo up by their chicken coop and said there isn't anyway for the cats to get in. That's good. They are also in the process of clearing the back part of the gravel road. So, until all of nature and vermin move on, it would be nice to have the cats around to keep things at bay. The groundhog made an appearance in the upper part of the yard yesterday afternoon, but he kept moving on and not down.

We sang Come To The Altar Sunday morning in our worship with the congregation. The choir has been learning it in practices. It is a much more enjoyable and worshipful experience seeing the words on the screen instead of the sheet music. There was a lot of flips which I guess the correct term would be codas. We are learning Reckless Love as well. A couple of Sundays ago the students who had gone to camp shared that with the congregation. Beautiful song.

Well, I got out to go to the cleaners and then stopped by Publix cause there was a wreck so decided to pick up a few things. Good thing I took my rain jacket in because it was pouring when it was time to leave. Oh my...but the closer to home, the less rain...at least we are getting a little bit and that always helps.

This morning the sound of a huge truck seemed to be rather close and there was a big dump truck across from us in Mary Joyce's parking area. Big trucks rarely come up are one lane road. Then came the beeping of backing up and I thought poor guy, turned on wrong road and now he has to get down to the main road going backwards but he was moving the truck around. When I got home today I see what he was doing. Our new neighbors had crushed rock put on their driveway.

Last year I did not count foggy mornings in August. They, whoever they are, say that the number of foggy mornings in August shows how many snowfalls we will have in the winter. It is an inexact way of figuring that out cause it can be foggy here but not down the road,

There is a little bit of sun and with temps in the 70's think I'll go pull some weeds. Until the next blog post...

No comments: