Sunday, July 22, 2018

Hope It Fixes His Problem....

All week the forecast has been for a rainy Saturday, so you know, you plan accordingly. Last night when the storms came through it braced me for the coming day knowing we could encounter that type of weather today....it is a beautiful sun shinning day. A little breeze with the sun. This makes me not want to stay inside and clean the house like planned. Although a little of that is getting done, no make that very little, most of my time has been outside. One project is spray painting the boards for the useless tub that will soon be known as useful but maybe not known as a tub. Okay, a storage tub...haha...Think the spray paint is getting to me although I am wearing a mask.

Because of the forecast of rain, I got the plants from Reems Creek replanted in the flowerbed by the driveway by using the places that Nathan had used when separating the weed guard material he put down. Patiently waiting for those seeds he planted, which are now growing but felt the need to get more color in that bed. Long range goal, that the bed is covered by flowers entirely, like a meadow of wild flowers. Bought more zinnias and more black eyed susans.

I really like the book we are reading for book club. I haven't read as much as I had hoped for this week but maybe tomorrow I'll get a good chunk read. Again, I have to sing the praises of the tomato pie from The Baked Pie Company. If they had it on the menu today, I might just be at the pie company picking up some. For lunch today I made a BLT with tomatoes generously given to me by a friend. Delicious!

The little orange cat of Cali's is hanging in there. He is skin and bones but today he moved more and climbed back up on the deck railing. When I first got up and looked out the window to see if any of the Feral Fam were waiting on breakfast cause it was later than usual. Didn't see any of them, so we settled into our morning routine. When I went to top off my coffee, there was Cali and the kiddos but Cali was working on that orange tabby. Almost like she was doing cat CPR on him, trying to get him to respond to her. Riley, with unbounded energy began to attack, I mean try to play with him. He held his own but he didn't initiate in play like normal. By this time their food had arrived so Robby is left to fend for himself on the deck. For a moment it looked as if he had become entangled in the fencing they play on, so I went toward him...he didn't move...his little blue eyes filled with fear and he began to shake. I don't know that he would have moved but I heard Cali coming up behind me and she was making it clear she did not want me messing with her kid.
***********************
Another round of rain this afternoon and I timed it perfectly to take a nap. Loved our church service this morning. Our music minister's sons and wives have a group, The Shine Effect. They played the worship music this morning...with lights and fog, oh it made me think of First Baptist sometimes with the fog. The students had gone to camp for there was a camp reflection service and it was so good with the videos, testimonies and music. Our interim pastor got  up to the pulpit and changed his sermon to just one verse in the Psalms about singing a new song, he talked less than five minutes and wrapped it up.

Before leaving for church this morning I watched a touching moment with Cali and the kiddos. Robby, isn't doing well. I think parasites is his trouble and this afternoon I Googled what I can do to help him. I just have to hope he gets the special food I will put out to help him get nourishment and flush the parasites out of his system. Anyway, he sits all balled up and his sister sat next to him with her head over his neck and Cali set up on the deck railing keeping watch over him. I halfway expected to find him dead when I got home, but he is still moving about. I just went out back with the doctored food and he was around, so hopefully, this will help him. That Fortiflora stuff must really be tasty cause Buddy eats much more of her food now.

I taught Sunday School this morning. In the back of my mind I had an example of a false emergency to illustrate the same thing about false teachers...Several weeks ago Roy left my black Columbia lightweight jacket in the backseat of the convertible and since it is black, it just blended in with the backseat. I was driving along one day when I felt something touching my neck and when I looked in the rear view mirror I could see a black sleeve coming up from behind my shoulder...so I kind of freaked thinking the sleeve would have an arm in it and grabbing me...I reached back to grab the sleeve and pulled the whole jacket toward me and I was pulling hard, so it was overkill. Scared me for a moment and then of course I began laughing.

Now to catch up on my book club book and start another one that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Nothing too pressing this week and it feels like a good break is at hand.



No comments: