Sunday, July 15, 2018

Saturday And Sunday....

A beautiful Saturday morning came a little early. It was a rough start to the night with Buddy and she was in a full dementia swing. Bless her, she acts as if she doesn't know where she is during these episodes...lots of meowing and lots of assurance from me. She finally settled in the bonus room and about thirty minutes later she came to her regular spot happy, just like normal. We got a late start into the night but she slept all night so there is that additional rest. Sometimes when I am awake like that I get concerned for the little kittens outside. Cali had them on the deck after dark where we played a little bit of laser light chase. This morning she and Mama Cat greeted me with their ever so patient waiting for breakfast...but no kiddos. Got food out for them and I have been busy with other things but I just saw Cali heading across the front yard and into the land of the fir trees. So maybe she moved her kittens...I don't know cause this feral world is hard to understand in how they raise their kittens. I never knew Cali and siblings at this young of age, they were older when Mama Cat began visiting.

Last night I tackled some weed eating because Mike the Mower Man didn't cut the grass this week. I trimmed some in the backyard and started making a path to the flowerbed out front but dang, that new weed eater is heavy with a 80 volt lithium battery in it. Had to trim in shifts and drank a huge bottle of Peligrino while cooling off. Pulled weeds as best I could and need to get a call into Nathan. The flowerbed in front of the house is being overtaken by grass and I don't have it in me to do that extensive amount of work. The front flowerbed hadn't been watered for several days and so after cooling off, I put a Dr Enuff in my back pocket and I was down there watering for a good thirty minutes. Everything looks a bit perkier this morning. Going into the yard I have started wearing tall rain boots mostly because of ticks but if perchance I did run into a slithering enemy...well, I don't even want to think about that. I do have a new respect for those who work in the landscaping industry...the key is being very young.

I experienced a first yesterday, I cried in the lobby of our post office. The mail I should have mailed on Thursday went out yesterday. Picked up our mail and there was a mailing envelope in the stack and it was from my friend Betty. Betty grew up in East TN and in Crossnore NC. Love posting pics from around here for her to see. I decided to open the envelope in the lobby because you know, walking back to my car is so far...not. Betty had read on my blog that I collect hymnals, just for the love of them. I like to think about the people who sang from them and many of the ones I have collected are worn well from use. I can't read a lick of music, so of the oldest hymns that didn't make the cut as time progressed are tunes unknown, well at least for me. Betty sent me a shape note hymnal that had been her aunts. She wrote out the background story of the legacy that I was holding in my hands. I started tearing up reading her note which also included a pic of her beautiful cat. Wow! What a kindness. I looked through the hymnal when I got home and read verses and choruses to songs I didn't know and sang along with the ones I do. What a pick me up in that thoughtful gift.

Well, I see Cali is back on the deck. Don't see kittens but that doesn't mean they're not there or maybe they're not. Our backyard is a haven but remembering that it is surrounded by nature...

Now it is late afternoon and still no sign of the kittens. I heard a noise last night and came downstairs to check but there wasn't any animals out there or at least in the light. Cali and Mama Cat are hanging around, which makes me wonder from my research if Mama Cat has a new batch of kittens nd she took care of her grand kids so her new batch isn't competing for food when the time comes. I can barely think about this all. Of course Cali looks all sad to me but then I read a lot into cat actions that don't mean a thing. Meanwhile Buddy has wanted out on the porch again, so yes, I am air conditioning the neighborhood. Well an interesting development. Maybe she has her kittens hidden from Mama Cat. This is the second time I've seen her go to the land of the firs. She saw me this time so I went back inside. This morning she took a curious route and would stop and sit for a bit, like a distraction as she went along the way. So, there is still hope. Mike the mower man showed up today to mow since he was running behind this week and said last week he saw the kittens on the back part of the property at Mary Joyce's home and when they heard him they ran lickity split over to our backyard. Of course last week there were three.

On my way home from picking up pie for tonight's fellowship and a quick trip to Publix, I saw the plant man that we bought our orange flame azaleas last year had plants for sale along the river road. I unloaded and rearranged groceries and put up cold stuff to head back and see what he had. Nicest man, and I bought several plants from him. One more flame azalea too.
****************
Sunday afternoon. BBQ sliders for lunch and I'm watching the recorded service from First Baptist Houston. Lisa is singing the title song of their new album, That's When Worship Begins. Love that song and I have been playing the album since downloading it from Itunes on Friday. And much to my surprise this afternoon, I saw the kitties. Think Cali had them hidden and she has them playing along the fence line, just like she used to. Maybe all the mowing and weed eating coupled with our clearing of ground cover was just too much chaos and noise.

Last night was fun up at the Shed at church. Delicious food and great friendships...and the view ain't bad either. I only came home with cokes, so that is good that all the pie was eaten. When I got home I did a few things around the kitchen and headed upstairs. Buddy wasn't too far behind and she fell asleep in the bonus room. She barely woke me up whenever she came to bed and she slept the rest of the night. Glory hallelujah! That means we both got some rest.

I met our new neighbors, well they aren't new but are finally living in the house above us. Seem very nice. Their daughter is getting her horse today and they have chickens and ducks. He's thinking about getting a cow or two.

I am feeling a nap coming on, so I bid you adieu!

No comments: