Sunday, July 1, 2018

Just Another Day In The Mountains...We Are Blessed!

So many last minute things are awaiting my attention but most mornings before getting started into the day I sit down, take a few moments of quiet and write. Sometimes it is a blog post, sometimes a journal entry and other times just a moment to remember or wonder as I write. With a usually short attention span nothing keeps my attention long but writing, that is another story. Monablog has been going strong or at least somewhat strong here of late, for eleven years. There is such joy to be found sharing a funny happening or maybe even something embarrassing. This blog has been a godsend in those hard days beginning in 2012 with my father and accidentally kept a record of the experiences. In 2008 when I first was diagnosed with my heart issues coming from the virus that attacked my heart and got this whole journey started, many of the important details that time diminished are there on the ol' blog. Earlier in the year I went back and read those posts and much to my joy I re-read the details and miracles that happened in that span of time. There were times I wrote about "church world" and  writing to understand what the heck was going on. Oh and then there are posts that have been written that will never see the light of day, but what a catharsis on various subjects and feelings. Roy was good counsel with he'd advise to wait twenty four hours before posting or make the post a little lighter and on a humorous side...and always take the high road because it is less crowded up there. So this morning with stuff to do I sit here in the chair and write, because it fills my spirit and gives a umph to the day. So much that needs attention, yet it feels right to sit here and type out a few words. I'd rather do this than have longer time in a small town I'm stopping in later on in the day.
**********************
Good Sunday evening! After a beautiful day of sunshine we've had a few evening showers which is wonderful because we don't have to water the flowers. I'm drinking a smoothie and settling in for the evening. On Friday I did get the later start and gave myself enough shopping time as well as supper time. Ate at the new pizza place and it was delicious! Headed over to Charlotte and checked into the hotel. I worked on the last few things on the Sunday School lesson for Sunday morning and read some of my book club book. Roy's flight got in on time and that was good because it was a late flight. On Saturday morning we decided to eat at the CB in Morganton and then we made a quick stop in The Weathered Home shop. We came on home, checked on Buddy and then ran a few errands.

This morning we went to Sunday School and then left afterwards because we wanted to hit the road and go to Mt Mitchell. We ate a quick bite here at the house and then jumped into Mustang Sam and headed that way. What a delightful drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and through Craggy Gardens. We had never been on that part of the parkway. We went onto Mt Mitchell where we climbed up the path to the observation area. I did not have any problem with stamina or leg strength going to the top but I did have to keep a watch on my heart rate. Roy was taking a lot of pics and I hope he downloads them soon. We decided to come back the way we came so that Roy could get some tunnel pics. We treated ourselves to ice cream when we got closer to home. Such a fun afternoon, beautiful and so happy to remember that all things are created by and through and for Him.

Roy has been doing a little work and I have been doing a little resting. I think all the cats in our lives are happy this evening with full tummies or have been given a lot of treats. Buddy is already down fo the count. I am not too far behind her. What a fabulous day! We are so fortunate to be in the middle of this great mountain area with our senses filled to the brim with beauty.

No comments: