Monday, July 30, 2018

Trying To Understand Cats And Other Things

I know nothing about cats! I thought I did but not anymore....they keep you on your toes. Buddy will get me used to a morning routine and abruptly, it becomes that is not what we do anymore. So, I do have that experience, but this adventure with the Feral Fam and then Feral Fam descendants has been a lesson, no many lessons that are teaching me more about my relationship with God and I am seeing so clearly that I believe my decisions and choices are wise ones but maybe not...not from His vantage and knowledge and wisdom and power. Since November all I have wanted to do is to help this little family of a Mama Cat, three kittens and a Dead Beat Dad...well, truthfully, I have not wanted to help him as much cause it seems he could pull his weight on some things. Through snow and cold and rain and heat I've been concerned and hopefully helped them survive winter. I have never done anything harmful to them or caused them to be afraid...but they are afraid of me. They have let me into their world, barely and the only one of these cats I have ever been able to touch was the little orange kitten who died this week. Camo is the most skittish around me but she is not around that often. Cali talks with me, sometimes loudly. She brought her three kittens to the deck early one morning and let me catch a glimpse of them. Then a week later she brought them here and stayed around. Of those three kittens, she only has one left. One night at dusk, I saw Camo with her four kittens in the side yard, but probably, those four kittens didn't survive. Mama Cat has been gone for weeks and MJ shows up maybe once or twice a week in the evenings to happen upon hopefully something to fill his belly. That young, playful kitten is now an adult, although a young adult, cat. His eyes have lost that playful dance and his continuous roughhousing with his sisters. Cali plays with last young un, Riley. They play in the tent of napping and play in the tube and cube. Riley and Robby played with the toy I had left out there for their mom and uncle and aunt. The toy scared the siblings but these kittens took up with it, not a problem. Some nights we play laser tag and Cali will join in for a bit. The past few days Cali's old and fat boyfriend has been hanging around and this morning I broke up in the nick of time...a touch me in the morning...then just walk away.... moment between Cali and Fatso. My goodness they were going to do it right under the living room window...really! Go up under the tree like last time...oh I tried to break that up too...Lisa P was here and we had just returned from the Living Proof Live event in Boone. I had to go outside and throw bad lemons and yell, not on my watch! There is no love loss with Cali and Camo. Their tolerance has dissolved into aggressive behavior toward one another. I just watched an encounter and those beautiful eyes of Cali can turn deadly in a moment. They got into it the other night and they have worked out some kind of uneasy truce. Camo has always been a sneaky cat...just like her Mama.
******************
This was supposed to be a rainy day but alas there is sunshine on my shoulder but only when I go outside. I went to workout with Taylor this morning. Boy, I wasn't feeling it...to workout and I cut the session short. I woke up with arthritis in my right thumb and it has hurt all day. Several of the things we do require a strong grip and that wasn't happening. We won't be meeting the next few weeks because Taylor had a death in the family and is leaving for New York today.

Yesterday was such a good day at church. Our lesson was good, the service was good and then the Sunday night fellowship and choir was good. After church I needed to pick up the pie I had ordered for the fellowship and my friend Lois came with me. We had lunch there and it was delicious. Came home to take a twenty minute nap and then get the trash and recyclables ready for  toting down to the road. Had a few delays and didn't make it to church until 5:25 to help get things set up. Our class was in charge and we have a good time doing things together. Lots of laughs and fun in the midst of work and serving.

The butterflies have invaded the backyard. Always fun to watch them and the hummingbirds. I trimmed a tree and pulled a few weeds out of the million I could have chosen to pull. All the plants I planted a week or so ago are doing well. Soon blackberries will be joining in with the peaches and I saw that Barber's Orchard is picking apples to be ready for their August 1st opening. The next couple of months are really fun around here.

This past weekend on my high school website we found out that the woman who had been the Dean of  Women when I was there had passed away. She lived to the ripe old age of 103 and had been driving and playing golf up until she was 97. I didn't have an encounters with her in high school. didn't get caught....but anyway, a tennis friend was her great niece by marriage. So when I Googled the obituary of Rivers Lodge right underneath her obit was my tennis friend's obit. She had died in 2016 from cancer. I was shocked! This friend was fun loving, kind and enthusiastic about everything. She came from a big Italian family and she fed any and everyone. She and I both lost interest in tennis around the same time, she went on to play golf as her recreational sport.

Just had a BLT and it was soooo good! Going outside to find the Feral Fam and if any are around I'll feed them.

No comments: