Thursday, July 12, 2018

A Short Post....of Nothing in Particular

So, I didn't get everything done this afternoon like I had planned but that's okay. The day began with an eye Dr appointment and that means dilation of the eyes takes place. I dread that part of the visit every year. The drops burn and everything within you wants to squeeze your eyes tight but that only forces out the drops and the whole procedure begins in earnest again. At least the yellow dye they put in later isn't too bad. Yes, just one eye drop session with me answers the question, why don't you wear contacts...Nuh, said and experienced. Just a small change in my prescription and that is always welcomed news. With dilated eyes and sunglasses, I ran two errands and drove home. As I was unloading groceries Roy texted to let me know that my book club book had been delivered. There was no way I was going to walk down the road to the mailbox with dilated eyes, so back into the car, retrieved the book and then took a drive around the block.

Peggy had called while I was at the eye doctor, so I called her back and then she called me back. We had a great time catching up, hearing about her trip to Israel and all the other happenings of life. She saved me from what would have been a bad decision to get back out on the road with dilated eyes. It seemed best to take another day of rest, which has been most enjoyable.

It is fun to watch the next generation of the Feral Fam enjoying the tent of napping. This evening it has been the tent of playing. The two remaining kittens are out there now playing around with mom keeping a watchful eye on them and the sky. The little black and white kitten that was taken by a hawk which just makes me so sad thinking about it, strayed off from mom a lot and that last little trip...well, it wasn't good. This morning for a bit I thought the orange kitten might have been taken but he is here with his sibling. I don't think that Cali is the best of cat moms. The few times that Mama Cat is around, Cali acts like a kitten and wants to be near her mom only Mama Cat isn't having any of that. She wolfs food down and is gone...hissing and growling at her family all the way. I have learned way more than I ever thought I would know about feral cats and watching them. Well looky, looky...Cali just got in the tent with her kiddos. If this tent is rocking...don't bother knocking...cause there is a lot of wild playing going on and like every mom, she likes to have the kids wear themselves out before bedtime. Robby just got disciplined by his mom, big time. Those green eyes of hers can mean up something quick. She moved on out into the yard and the kids followed but it looks like they want to play behind the tent and she is having none of that.

Yesterday I got my haircut but we decided to wait till next month to get highlights. Had breakfast at Corner Kitchen and delicious as always. Did some shopping at the Southern Highland Craft Guild, looked around Williams Sonoma and then it was time for my appointment. I made a quick Target run and it might be the last one for a while. They were busy putting out school supplies. Kids don't go back to school around here until August 27th. Well, I might get in one more Target run before go time for supplies.

Tomorrow with no set schedule I can take it easy. Have a couple of things to take care of but for the most part it will be foot loose and fancy free. That means I can go to the post office at my leisure.


No comments: